Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbroken 3g 2.2.1 has no signal/no service

Default jailbroken 3g 2.2.1 has no signal/no service
    I've searched and got nothing. I upgraded to 2.2.1 and had to jailbreak my phone again. After jailbreaking, phone has no bars then go to no signal moments later. Restore with a fresh non-jailbroken 2.2.1 and I have service again.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Justin

What and how did you jailbreak?? By what, I mean what did you use?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

NorthNJMark (2009-03-08)

I had the same issue. I'm using an aluminum Macbook with the OSX 10.5 cache fix and a two day old iPhone 3g.

I also upgraded on accident and I was able to downgrade to another .IPSW from earlier but I wasn't able to get signal, so I had to restore to the latest firmware so I can receive signal again.

hay im getting the same problem,does anyone know how to fix this??? It used to help restarting phone but now it is not helping at all :S:S

I had the same problem.

Use Pwnage to build a new .IPSW but DON'T choose to activate the phone. Plug into iTunes, and let it register with the network. Works every time. I know...not much use if you're not on AT&T, but it's a start.

im having a strange problem here... i loaded cpjr's custom .ipsw file (works AWSOME btw), have 50mb free memory, running real lean and clean, but there is one problem... according to SBSettings, i have a data ip address and a wifi addy, if i turn off the wifi (which free's up 5mb btw) and respring, it still shows a data (3G im guessing) ip addy. i cant access the internet through anything, keeps giving me the error not connected to internet. i have 5 bars service and the 3g icon is there, but no dice...

anyone go through this before and know what to do... any help would be great!!

i have a 8GB 3G, only 3 days old.
    cpjr's custom .IPSW file
    SBSettings and cydia installed....

other misc apps that come preloaded

that's it.
    Last edited by NorthNJMark; 2009-03-08 at 10:11 AM. Reason: it's late and i have fat fingers

I have no service either on 2.2.1 PLEASE HELP! How do you goto "Uncheck Activate Phone" Im on windows. Pleas can someone provide some help...

restore iphone and try it agian

Default Try this
    try downgrading to 2.2 and then jailbreak it and download yellow snow it should work fine then let me no how it turned out