Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problems with iphone 3g 2.2.1 jailbreak

Default problems with iphone 3g 2.2.1 jailbreak
    i am using pwnage tool for jailbreaking iphone 2.2.1. before i go on about the issues id like to say that i am not jailbroken and i am on 2.2.1 right now. i do not know if it works or not and if it doesnt, please tell me how to downgrade ON A MAC. anyway, when i put iphone into DFU mode, i get Error 2001- cannot correctly identify ipod- or something of that nature. when i go into recovery (after i get error 21 from regularly restoring to custom 2.2.1 w/o DFU mode, it goes into recovery) i get error 21 again. can anyone tell me how to fix this? remember i am on a mac (not the new macbook, the black model)

If you are using the 10.5.6 version of MAC OS X, it will not be able to recognize your iPhone. If you want to jailbreak your iPhone, you'll have to use another computer to do it, because jailbreaking requires that the iPhone is booted into DFU mode. Since by now you probably already have everything setup on your iPhone, you should check out QuickPwn, it will jailbreak your iPhone without having to do a reinstall of the firmware and you won't lose any data.

I just purchased the new unibody macbook pro, and for me to get around the 10.5.6 problem with recognizing iPhones in DFU mode, I installed Windows XP using Boot Camp. I didn't only install Windows for this purpose, I needed it for some programs I use, but Windows will recognize the iPhone in DFU mode and allow you to use QuickPwn to jailbreak your iPhone.

If you need anymore help let me know.

On 10.5.6 mac,use automator script or powered usb hub to pass the dfu issue...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dejawoo For This Useful Post:

Envision86 (2009-03-06)