Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.1 help needed asap

Default 2.1 help needed asap
    hello i just restored my ziphone 1.1.4 iphone(2G) back to the locked 1.1.4 version. i tryed to update to 2.1 on itunes but now after recovered to 1.1.4 it wont upgrade to 2.1 it shows that my simcard (tmobile) is invalid and wont let me upgrade it and now i basically dont have a cellphone how am i soppose to upgrade to 2.1 then unlock with winpwn??

any help would be appericated !
    Username : l0uisz
    Device: 16GB iPhone [2G]
    Firmware: 2.2 [ FULLY UNLOCKED ]

download the apple 2.1 official firmware .. google it you can find it everywhere .. then open itunes and hold shift and click restore .. then unlock with quickpwn .. winpwn is not yet able to work with

Thanks

you could try to make a custom fw 2.02 (unlock, activate, etc), which I believe is doable by winpwn, and then after you've restored to it you could do an upgrade to 2.1 through iTunes and then jailbreak via quickpwn.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyinpajamas View Post
    download the apple 2.1 official firmware .. google it you can find it everywhere .. then open itunes and hold shift and click restore .. then unlock with quickpwn .. winpwn is not yet able to work with
    ok but i have itunes 8 and i hit restore firmware and install new one does that mean the lastest one ( 2.1 ) is installed and all i gotta do is winpwn ? or do i gotta find it then hit shift and restore and do it manually..?

i download the official 2.1 firmwire but i cant restore it cause it shows me this " The sim inserted into this iphone is not supported " what do i do?

i got it to work! winpwn my 2g iphone now running 2.1 works PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it was soo easy greatttt job devteam!!
    Last edited by l0uisz; 2008-09-27 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Username : l0uisz
    Device: 16GB iPhone [2G]
    Firmware: 2.2 [ FULLY UNLOCKED ]

Quote Originally Posted by l0uisz View Post
    i got it to work! winpwn my 2g iphone now running 2.1 works PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it was soo easy greatttt job devteam!!
    What do you mean, got it to work with WinPwn?
    You shift-restored to WinPwned firmware below 2.1, then upgraded to 2.1 via iTunes and jailbroke with QuickPwn?