Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: quick question before jailbreaking..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default quick question before jailbreaking..
    I'm about to use QuickPwn to jailbreak my 3g iphone. I wanted to know as newer QuickPwn software comes out for jail breaking will I have to restore my iphone and then run the new jailbreak software each time something new comes out ?

Also if I have problems I figure I will just be able to use the restore file and set it back to 2.1 FW and then if need be I can jailbreak it again down the road ?

Once I jailbreak this will itunes still allow me to back up the phone and say the jailbreak dosent go as I think it will go if I come accross a problem should I just use itunes to restore it or how should I basically reset it back to factory settings ? Any help is appreciated I believe I'm going to do this soon...

You used to have to restore your iphone every time you upgraded and jailbroke your phone but here is a guide to use the "update" button and update your phone then jailbreak it, which will allow you to keep all of your apps n stuff: guide-upgrade-jailbroken-2-0-2-jailbroken-2-1-without-losing-anything
    This currently only works with upgrading from 2.0.X to 2.1 but it should work for later firmwares that will come out too.
    And yes, if your phone messes up you can ALWAYS use the restore button to put it back to factory settings as long as you put it into restore mode correctly, do a search and you'll find plenty of guides on how to do so. You can then re-jailbreak it but you'll obviously have to reinstall all of your stuff.
    Last edited by elr0y7; 2008-09-24 at 10:46 PM.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

3. The Following User Says Thank You to elr0y7 For This Useful Post:

redbugsbunny (2008-09-25)