Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: winpwn = the best

Default winpwn = the best
    winpwn for me has been the best hands down...so simple and works great! I jailbroke and unlocked for tmobile on 2.02 i know they still don't have winpwn for 2.1 does anyone think it will come out soon for windows?

Just restore to 2.1 and use the quickpwn for 2.1 for windows. You wont need to unlock again because jailbreaking will not mess with your BL.

Thanks

DON'T do that. Your unlock will go away if you restore to 2.1. What you want to do is "update".

Yes....any word on winpwn for 2.1??

quickpwn has the unlock feature. All you gotta do is restore to regular 2.1 firmware through iTunes and then use quickpwn, make sure you select the unlock task when it asks you. Backup your phone before doing this and I recommend installing and running apt backup and app backup from cydia also. This will ensure you don't lose any cydia apps and that you keep your settings from the appstore ones. Check out sleepers.net, big boss has very good tutorial on the whole upgrade. I did this exact same process and no problems whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    DON'T do that. Your unlock will go away if you restore to 2.1. What you want to do is "update".
    Uhm, no it wont. Im sorry if i wasnt more clear but, SHIFT+ Restore to 2.1 from 2.0.2. It WILL NOT delete your BL (unlock) from 2.0.2. Ive done it 5 times to my phone and to my girlfriend and a couple friends phones.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The baseband doesn't change from 2.0 - 2.1 so no matter what you do... upgrade, downgrade, restore... whatever... your unlock REMAINS. What you lose is your jailbreak and activation so you must re-pwn to get Cydia & Installer back.