Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: error 1600 and other fun stuff!

Default error 1600 and other fun stuff!
    hey everyone,

thanks for letting me on your forum. and thanks for taking the time to read this post.

I have a second generation iphone ( not 3g) and bought it unlocked with 1.1.4, I recently updated it with a mac and pwnage, not one error the entire time. everything was peachy.

until i decided that i wanted to change my mobile installation file so i could get free apps. my springboard went completly missing so i went back and upgraded to 2.02. right after that i keep getting error 1600 in DFU mode. and when i put it in regular restore mode i get error 6

things i have tried

A) installing 1.1.4 unpwned, error 1600
    B) using both my USB ports error 1600
    c) using 2 reletivly new usb cords.
    D) uninstalling itunes 8 ( which is sort of annoying on a mac) and installing 7.7
    E) i have tried restore mode and DFU
    F) I have downloaded quickpwn and it tells me that it is an unsupportable firmware.

i have a pc and think that maybe this qwkpwn might be teh option. i need to get the phone back to working order today. and is 20.2 even worth using?

also did anyone else have the mobile installation problem

thanks guys

if anyone can take the time to add me to msn or skype me though this id be willing to pay if i had to i really need my phone asap

thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Restore to 2.1 and then use quickpwn with the 2.1 firmware.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

tbrz (2008-09-23)

how am i supposed to restore it to 2.01 if i keep getting these errors?

the only file that i can shift restore to without errors is iPod_24.1.1.2.ipsw

i am going to try a differnt one or 2 now,

always in DFU right?
    ill just download one off iclarified, but not matter what ipsw i use i get an error

thanks for the speedy reply

Thanks

Not DFU restore... just plug into itunes and hit restore. I also said 2.1, not 2.0.1.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

tbrz (2008-09-23)

i have to be in restore mode of DFU because if not, it just gives me the simcard page (old 2g in canada)

also i didn't realize that there was a 2.1, I have been installing 2.01 and 2.02 even when i let itunes update it. i am downloading the 2.1 off iclarified right now and maybe this will fix my problems. Thanks so much for your helpi knew it would be something small

check back here though i'm sure i might screw it up again

have you modded your mobil installer with ssh on 2.1 without problems?

installed firmware 2.1 and this copy of quickpwn still doesnt read it, have to find a new one

i did it, so far this is the best i've done in the last 24 hours thanks so much for the help

all my other apps and, notes and pictures are tied up in another ipsw file but i just dont want to go though with that again (unless you have any suggestions)

also, anyone know much about doing the mobile installation file without messing up my unlocked 2.1 firm 2g iphone?
    Last edited by tbrz; 2008-09-23 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

What are you trying to accomplish by modding the "mobile installation" file? (i dunno what that is, lol). After you restore the only way to put your apps back on is to manually re-download them all. Sorry.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

tbrz (2008-09-23)

it's all god i'm just glad that i got it working again.

the mobile installation file ( if you replace it with a modded one) allows you to put app store (pay for) apps on your iphone though itunes (ipas) without paying for them

im going to do a little research before i do it this time becuase that's what got me into this mess at least i am all updated to 2.1 hopefully the sow text messages are gone