Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.1 Problem

Default Pwnage 2.1 Problem
    i just pwnaged my iphone with the 2.1 installed cydia installer and unlocked check for some weird reason my phone does not connect to tmobile. it will say no service it is a 2g 8gb.. help please thank you in advance

do it all again m8 ,, i reckon u follow instruction very carefully as result may vary
    good luck
    i hate my iphone pause pause pause NOT

Green Apple
    Thanks

What about Bootneuter? Sounds like you haven't unlocked it, just Jailbreak...
    iPhone 4 Running 6.1.2 on TMo
    iPad WiFi 64GB
    MacBook Pro

Quote Originally Posted by slickrikc View Post
    i just pwnaged my iphone with the 2.1 installed cydia installer and unlocked check for some weird reason my phone does not connect to tmobile. it will say no service it is a 2g 8gb.. help please thank you in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Tameena View Post
    What you two should try is taking the SIM card out if u pwn'ed with it inside of the iPhone.. try taking out the SIM and restarting the phone.. if that doesnt work, re pwn with the SIM out of the iPhone.. let me know if that works

My unlocked/jailbroken 2G iPhone apparently has been upgrade to firmware 2.0.2 using Pwnage.

To upgrade the firmware to 2.1 do I have to use iTunes and unlock or jailbreak?

UPDATE

Using QuickPwn I did it again this time without the SIM in the phone. From the 4 options it gives you, Installer, Cydia, Unlock Phone & Logo I selected the first 3. I know it jailbreaks it but not sure about unlocking it and waited it to do its thing. I then downloaded BootNeuter 2.1 and the following is what I selected:

Version: 3.9
    Neuter: ON
    FakeBlank: OFF
    Baseband Unlock: ON

& I can't flash because it says my choices already match current settings. I then put the SIM in and it came up with Waiting for Activation and here I clicked dismiss. It then brought up a message saying restricted network. I've gone to network settings and selected it myself but it still comes up with No Service!

Help Please!!! I'm going crazy not being able to find a solution
    Last edited by Tameena; 2008-10-06 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tameena View Post
    UPDATE

Using QuickPwn I did it again this time without the SIM in the phone. From the 4 options it gives you, Installer, Cydia, Unlock Phone & Logo I selected the first 3. I know it jailbreaks it but not sure about unlocking it and waited it to do its thing. I then downloaded BootNeuter 2.1 and the following is what I selected:

Version: 3.9
    Neuter: ON
    FakeBlank: OFF
    Baseband Unlock: ON

& I can't flash because it says my choices already match current settings. I then put the SIM in and it came up with Waiting for Activation and here I clicked dismiss. It then brought up a message saying restricted network. I've gone to network settings and selected it myself but it still comes up with No Service!

Help Please!!! I'm going crazy not being able to find a solution
    Any answer to the above.

I have EXACTLY the same problem and am with o2 too.

I know i've followed the instructions correctly but i get the same error as above user.

Any help?