Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quickpwn and activation

Default Quickpwn and activation
    Hi, I have iPhone 3G on 2.1 and am getting the 1600 error with Pwnage Tool and iTunes 8 and after trying pretty much everything I'm getting no further. I'm happy to use Quickpwn but on searching there seems to be conflicting comments as to whether it activates the phone or not. I'm on an official contract so really only want to do basic jailbreak and let iTunes activate the phone as normal.

Can anybody clarify exactly what Quickpwn does with regard to activation. Oh, and if I was to do a friend's 2G iPhone would Quickpwn unlock the phone or would that have to be done through Cydia?

Sorry, I know these are basic questions but I've only ever used Pwnage Tool before and as I say when I Google for this I seem to get differing opinions. TIA,

Steve

Thanks

I am with at&t, quickpwn 3G, and have no issue..... You can use Quickpwn to unlock your friends 1st Gen. iPhone.
    Here is a link to the bootloaders files bootloaders.zip
    and quickpwn quickpwn21-1.zip

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zwayne For This Useful Post:

distantstorm (2008-09-23)

Thanks for that - was just wondering if Quickpwn automatically did a fake activation or whether it left it alone if the phone was already activated.