Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Pwnage]Possible to change boot logos without restoring?

Default [Pwnage]Possible to change boot logos without restoring?
    Simple question everyone, is it possible to change boot logos with something such as SSH after your phone is pwned. For some weird reason, after I pwned my phone and selecting the boot logo to be the pinnapple and restore being "cartoon steve jobs", they dont show up. My phone is JBroken with everything working fine except for the logos, I must have not selected to chang them but is it possible to change them without restoring and if i restore, will I lose everything that I have now changed?

[BUMP] A little help please!?!
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 2008-09-21 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You cannot chang the bootlogo's simply by SSH-ing into your device...

They are deeply rooted and encrypted into the firmware...

You'll have to run through the whole procedure of re-pwn'ing your phone...

again...

Cheers...

Wallyİ...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i found ways online by using quickpwn to do it.

basically you use quickpwn on a already pwned phone/ipod. when going thru the process you jus un-check the cydia/installer/fix youtube options and only choose "custom boot logos" option and quickpwn it. it'll put ur phone in dfu, it'll run the whole quickpwn process on ur already pwned phone/ipod. end result, nothing changes but boot logos
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smirkis For This Useful Post:

ninthchamber99 (2008-09-21)

Again, all apps and custom themes will be intact (unchanged) and the only thing that will or should change would be the boot logos? If so, thanks again!! I hate to repwn my phone but if need be then so be it.

EDIT: I was thinking, I am on a PC but I used the Pwnage tool on a friends Mac to JB, do you think the new quickpwn that was released for windows will keep everything the same since I am using a PC instead of the Mac I used the first time? This may not matter, just wondering though.
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 2008-09-21 at 02:24 AM. Reason: added text