Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom Boot Logos Only - 2.1 FW on Windows

Thanks

Default Custom Boot Logos Only - 2.1 FW on Windows
    ">For any of you who used Quickpwn to jailbreak your iphone 3G on FW 2.1 and miss your custom logos, here is the solution:

You will NOT lose anything in this process, your jailbreak, apps and mods will all stay intact!

You will need the modded QuickPwnRC3 from here:

http://rs580.rapidshare.com/files/14...uickPwnRC3.zip (courtesy of ipodtouch fans member jfb392)

You can leave iTunes 8 alone, just kill iTunes helper as usual.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aur1-yUobf0"]YouTube - Swap boot logos on iPhone 3G[/ame]

Last edited by bhz1; 2008-09-18 at 06:16 PM. Reason: corrected links and updated video

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

calvin_gsc (2008-10-09), Ice9812 (2008-09-19), Imahottguy (2008-10-03)

nice! this should work on a 2g pwnd on 2.1 also correct? btw, nice e36 m3 on your springboard, isee your into bimmers :] I have a question though, how do i get into that first folder in the beginning of the video where boot logos are? I donwloaded the quickpwnrc3 program from the link you provided and did not see any data folder contained in the .rar file. All there was, was the .exe and readme file
    Last edited by ekidd; 2008-09-18 at 02:05 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi i dl quickpwnrc3 from the link you provide and when i unzip the folder...it only has 2 files a readme and quickpwnrc3.exe......so i dont even have the option to change the logo or restore file.....can you help?
    can you zip up the version of quickpwn your using and post a link in this thread..?...Thank you
    Last edited by Ice9812; 2008-09-18 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

Thanks

I was downloading so many different versions (on two different computers) of Quickpwn i lost track of where i got which version from. I looked back at my downloads in Firefox and learned that if I right-click on the download it will offer the option of taking me to the download link.

I apparently found this particular modded version of QuickPwnRC3 on the ipodtouchfans forum.

Here is the thread-
    "Jailbreak" 2.1 iPod Touch - Page 13 - iPod touch Fans forum

Download link

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

The zip file contains a bundles folder modded by jfb392 on ipodtouchfans. He deserves the credit for this.

I'll have to update my video.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

Ice9812 (2008-09-18)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi ,
    Thank you again...that worked perfectly....

one more question...if this works to change the bootlogos on 2.1 why woudnt it work to jailbreak 2.1 software???
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

Thanks

It should be able to but you muist foillow the full jailbreak directions and replace teh mobile installation file etc...as per the jailbreak 2.1 on windows method. I did not use this particular version to jailbreak my 2.1 so I don't want to say it will definitly work for that. I do know it will change the boot logos.

Nice! got it to work on my JB 2.1 2G phone

Weird... Boot images that I was able to use in WinPWN won't work with this. It just gives me a black boot up screen...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Default Thanks
    This was driving me crazzy. Quickpwn to 2.1 no boot image. Phone is a 2G on AT&T. Now thanks to you it worked perfectly and I have boot images again!

Thanks

Weird... Boot images that I was able to use in WinPWN won't work with this. It just gives me a black boot up screen...
    Odd, I used the same boot images that I used in Winpwn. One thing I noticed even using winpwn is that my boot image files needed to be smaller than 85kb for some reason.

after i check off Cydia/installer and check Replace Boot Logos, i click next, but get Microsoft error saying QuickPwn has encountered an error and need to shut down. Do i need to uninstall WinPwn2.5 Beta to use it, or do i have a bad quickpwn.exe?

I guess i forgot i had the 2g version of the 2.0.2 FW. I switched to a 3g iPhone last month, so i better D/L the right fw and try again

damn.... all that did was erase the pwnage logo and put a 60 second delay on anything i touch or open up-- and i did exactly like you did in the video. had to requickpwn with newest version
    Last edited by bboysunz; 2008-10-08 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    i used to pray to the Lord every night and ask Him for a bicycle- but then i realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for Him to forgive me...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Great guide. Works fine on my iPhone JB 2.1 8GB.

hi! i cant pass the second stage of pwning wer u pick a ipsw. i pick "iPhone1_2_2.1_5F136_Restore" and the green check dont appear,so i cnt move on. help pls.

which fw are u running ryt now?

i have a 3g 16bg 2.1 fw

is it 2.1 cfw or stock 2.1?