Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: when u pwn, is it a fresh restore?

Default when u pwn, is it a fresh restore?
    question: if ur iPhone is already jailbroken and you wish to re-jb it again to upgrade to a new firmware, during said process, does ur iphone get wiped clean?

so when you restore from a backup, are the only things you install are your contacts, settings, sms text, apps and other things over a fresh, clean iPhone?

something is messed up with my mobile substrate file i believe. just wondering if a re-pwning once winpwn 3.0 comes out will fix it

thanks

If you upgrade the firmware via iTunes you lose all your non Apple-sanctioned stuff. I think what you have to do is download the 2.1 firmware, jailbreak it, and then restore using that custom ipsw. The only problem I'm having is finding a program to customize the ipsw.. winpwn doesn't seem allow me to load it.

Quote Originally Posted by tejastonto View Post
    If you upgrade the firmware via iTunes you lose all your non Apple-sanctioned stuff. I think what you have to do is download the 2.1 firmware, jailbreak it, and then restore using that custom ipsw. The only problem I'm having is finding a program to customize the ipsw.. winpwn doesn't seem allow me to load it.
    that part i know but what about the mobile substrate file? does that get a fresh install once you restore or does it restore it with the same file you always had?