Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with custom boot/recovery logos with quickpwn (2.1 related)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Help with custom boot/recovery logos with quickpwn (2.1 related)
    I cannot get quickpwn to change my boot logos, even if I leave the pwnapple logo in the dir the phone still boots with no logo. Is there anyway to ensure I have the logos in the correct format and location? BTW I have looked at ever how-to google can find, and I am having no luck.

PS is there anyway to tweak winpwn to allow 2.1 quickpwn? I know it uses the same bundles, but the gui doesnt allow it.

Thanks

You mean the screen boots with the regular logo, or are you saying it's blank? Boot screen PNG's must be 320x480 or smaller, PNG-8, with a transparent (alpha) background, and be smaller than 100K
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    You mean the screen boots with the regular logo, or are you saying it's blank? Boot screen PNG's must be 320x480 or smaller, PNG-8, with a transparent (alpha) background, and be smaller than 100K
    Its blank and I have created the png in that format. I am using quickpwn-2.1-2g-3g (the only way I can find to pwn on windows) and so I overwrite the pwnapple in the main dir with the custom on I have created (I used a photoshop template that had the image in the correct format) but everytime (I have attempted this about 10 times on my edge iPhone) the boot screen (and recovery) ends up blank. I believe I could use winpwn if I could disable the hash checking, but I am having no luck