Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help I think my iphone is dead

Default Help I think my iphone is dead
    Ok so I had my 3g iphone jailbroken running the 2.0.2 software using Pwange Tool. Today I tried to use the new Pwange 2.1 software to upgrade to a jailbroken version of 2.1 iphone 3g firmware. Well When I tried to restore my firmware I get an error from itunes and now I can not even restore from the original 2.1 firmware from apple. Also when I turn on my iphone after the pinapple logo go's away I get a illustration of steve jobs yelling somthing in japanese. Please help me guys what can I do? Is my iphone bricked or is this fixable?

I can claify one point for you. Steve Jobs is not yelling in Japanese.

Did you try to restore in DFU mode?
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by huffa5 View Post
    Ok so I had my 3g iphone jailbroken running the 2.0.2 software using Pwange Tool. Today I tried to use the new Pwange 2.1 software to upgrade to a jailbroken version of 2.1 iphone 3g firmware. Well When I tried to restore my firmware I get an error from itunes and now I can not even restore from the original 2.1 firmware from apple. Also when I turn on my iphone after the pinapple logo go's away I get a illustration of steve jobs yelling somthing in japanese. Please help me guys what can I do? Is my iphone bricked or is this fixable?

Would love to see the screamin' part on YouTube...lol...

Cheers...

Wallyİ...

A few topics down, I had the EXACT same problem today. My iPhone is stuck with the russian Steve Jobs and I cannot restore any sort of firmware. I have tried 2.0, 2.0.2 and 2.1, both custom and real on a Macbook Pro and a machine running Windows Vista.

I keep getting errors in iTunes every time I try and restore.

I have a 2G iPhone running 2.0.2

So i finally was able to redo my firmware using 2.1 from Itunes but I was unable to jailbreak it. Even though my both my friend and boss have successfully jailbroken 2.1 i keep getting errors. Anyways yeah I guess he was yelling in russian i don't know. Anyways i put it in DFU mode and reinstalled the apple 2.1 firmware. Try downloading it straight from itunes I have noticed most mirror sites will have corrupted firmware files and that will kill your iphone. O and don't download kate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to huffa5 For This Useful Post:

Dizz (2008-09-16)

Can you give more detail please because I have the same exact problem and now I can't restore it. I downloaded it from itunes, and I put it in DFU.. Still no go. WTF?

EDIT...

tried with QuickPWN... worked like a charm...
    Last edited by gordinho80; 2008-09-16 at 09:44 AM.

I used pwange tool 2.1 and when i put it into recovery mode the first time I got the steve jobs guy. Anyways man idk about you but whe I downloaded the offical 2.1 firmware off of itunes it worked. Later that same day I tried to use the pwange tool again to recreate the custome firmware and I got another issue with itunes. This time when i tried to restore using the official firmware I got an unknow error 1600. But I then just tried it again after powering off and on the phone and it worked. I have yet to try it again and will not until I can save enough to buy another phone just it case it breaks the next time I try to jailbreak it. Anyways I hope this helped you.

I have exactly the same problem for a whole month. Mine is a 2G Iphone running on 2.02, quickpwn. Tried Itunes 7.5 all the way to 8.0 but Itunes is not able to detect it. Tried all methods described and i only get a steve logo or a endless rebooting pineapple logo. So far, no methods worked. I am now stuck with a phone that i am unable to restore, nor use.