Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone is worthless

Default iPhone is worthless
    So I have no idea what happened but by iPhone is now worthless and not working.

I had the phone working on 2.0 unlocked and jailbroken for Tmobile. I decided to upgrade to 2.1 and I did it through iTunes 8 and it stayed unlocked but not jailbroken. I decided to follow the quickpwn tutorial in order to jailbreak the phone but for some reason the phone just kept cycling through a blank screen/loading circle and now the phone is locked on 2.1 and I cannot figure out how to unlock/activate the phone for Tmobile.

All I want right now is to have a phone, any help would be greatful.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

sleepers.net

And do what? lol

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

jailbreak it again...using pwnage tools or quickpwn...try both..straight up restore with custom fw....or put your phone in DFU mode and restore with custom fw.

I am going to try and go to 2.0.2.

All I need to do is download the 2.0.2 firmware and then put phone into DFU and then shift+restore and load that firmware right?

I remember when I tried to do that it gave me an error once.

Also is iTunes going to affect anything? I have 8 right now but it says for 2.0.2 I should install 7.7?
    Last edited by HardHitter; 2008-09-15 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

2.1 is fine.....better imo...just use pwnage tools this time.

Do you have a link to a tutorial for pwnage tools?

I have iTunes 8 right now and I just DFU and did shift+restore and loaded the 2.0.2 firmware and I will see if it loads the 2.0.2 firmware.

Thanks

here...even though this was the guide for the previous version...but the process is the same.

Pwnage 2.x Guide 3G - ModMyI - Wiki

and

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ompatible.html

At this point I just want a unlocked iPhone.

I just finished firmware 2.0.2 successfully and I have a custom 2.0.2 FW that I made through winpwn 2.5. From there I just do it again, go into iTunes, go into DFU mode and this time load that firmware?

Thanks

that is correct. good luck.

How long does it take the verify iphone software? I feel like it's been on this for 5-8 minutes...

Thanks

itunes still running correct? verifying firmware...restore firmware..verifying again...blah blah blah.....yeah it takes about 10-15 minutes or so...dont touch anything...it will automatically reboot.

Just wanted to update you guys

I got the phone running on 2.0.2 last night and it was unlocked/jailbroken and I was happy finally.

I want to get 2.1 however I don't think I'm going to go with jailbreaking since it's what got me in trouble the first time around. I know with Tmobile and older gen phones you can just go straight through iTunes to upgrade to 2.1 and it will stay unlocked.

Just ended up trying to upgrade my 2.1 phone with the jailbreaking guide with the firmware that I downloaded and it locks my phone. Does the phone need to be in DFU mode whenever you do the shift+restore or whats going on here?

I'm loading back my custom 2.0.2 firmware and I will try it again.

any help on what I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by HardHitter; 2008-09-16 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost