Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: quickpwn 2.1 3G will not show cydia

Default quickpwn 2.1 3G will not show cydia
    I quickpwned my 3g 2.1 iphone following the instructions on bigboss's web site iPhone News & Review
    quickpwn worked and I can see the installer icon, but cydia icon will not show. I can see it in the applications folder. Ive deleted the cache /System/Library/PrivateFrameWorks/MobileInstallation.framework and uploaded the mobileinstallation patch (rebooted) and even deleted the cydia.app folder and re quickpwned and it still does not show. Copied the cydia.app folder to the mobile/applications folder. Nothing will work!

any ideas?

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

repwn again..using pwnage tools in expert mode...add cydia and installer to the custom fw when build.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried this with pwnage and custom with just Cydia, it did not work either.
    I did not want to unlock just to Jailbreak.
    My old 2G works fine in 2.0 now that I got the new 3G it did not work even when I set up as a new phone and not restore from backup it gives me all the AppStore stuff back and I can sync calendar and address book and all butnot Cydia would just not show.
    Quickpwn did not work either. Any suggestions anyone??

did you have categories or anything installed before? I had an issue where i had to reset all settings to get cydia and installer to show up again. (they were removed from the springboard and put into a folder). But after resetting all settings (under settings) they came back.
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!