Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problems upgrading to 2.1

Default problems upgrading to 2.1
    so here's the problem...im running 2.0.2 on my 1st gen iphone and im trying to upgrade to 2.1 and using the upgraded version of pwnage and all. the problem is that once running pwnage and im about to go into DFU mode, itunes seems to sync back up and when i finally get into DFU mode, it says theres an error 1621. Any one know what i can do? would simply restoring my phone and jailbreaking to 2.1 be an easy fix. also, im with tmobile so my iphone would also need to be unlocked. thanks in advance guys.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Had the same issue read here:
    Just recovered from a major meltdown.

Was on 2.02 Pwnage 2.0.3 with itunes 8, Somehow during a sync some data got corrupted and iPod was acting weird also I had a huge amount of "other" data. Playing with Sync did not get rid of it so thought would try and update to 2.1.
    Well the update worked but still had huge orange other....
    Tried some things which did not work, then got the lovely error 6 and connect to itunes logo.
    Couple more attempts at DFU did not work nor did re Pwnaging. Was getting ready to try and downgrade to iTunes 7 when thought to give it one more go.
    Killed Off iTunes Helper, Fired up Pwnage 2.1 somehow got the DFU right en boom was in....

iPhone back up running 2.1 all is good, will slowly try music etc back on.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bladerunner88 For This Useful Post:

Grip (2008-09-15)

so you ran pwnage to upgrade 2.1 with itunes 8 installed? im running itunes 7.7.1 when i ran pwnage. should i upgrade my itunes to version 8 and try it again?

Quote Originally Posted by kritikal View Post
    so you ran pwnage to upgrade 2.1 with itunes 8 installed? im running itunes 7.7.1 when i ran pwnage. should i upgrade my itunes to version 8 and try it again?
    update on 8 then uninstall and reinstall 7.7 to jailbreak...

check out my 31 screenshot guide

Guide - Jailbreak iPhone 2.1

im running leopard OSX. any other suggestions? your directions are for windows.

Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner88 View Post
    Had the same issue read here:
    Just recovered from a major meltdown.

Was on 2.02 Pwnage 2.0.3 with itunes 8, Somehow during a sync some data got corrupted and iPod was acting weird also I had a huge amount of "other" data. Playing with Sync did not get rid of it so thought would try and update to 2.1.
    Well the update worked but still had huge orange other....
    Tried some things which did not work, then got the lovely error 6 and connect to itunes logo.
    Couple more attempts at DFU did not work nor did re Pwnaging. Was getting ready to try and downgrade to iTunes 7 when thought to give it one more go.
    Killed Off iTunes Helper, Fired up Pwnage 2.1 somehow got the DFU right en boom was in....

iPhone back up running 2.1 all is good, will slowly try music etc back on.
    i personally feel that this is the key to a successful 2.1 update!..
    Oldschool 12" iBook G4
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    iTunes 8.0.2
    QuickPwn 2.2.5
    2.2.1 Jailbroken 8Gig iPhone 2G - for the wifie..
    3.0 Jailbroken 16Gig iPhone 2G - my WHORE..

How do you kill itunes helper? I found it on my system but don't know how to disable it. Thanks.

Thanks

Default help!!!?!?!
    I am not sure if this answer is somewhere else but I am stuck in the recovery mode and I just update the iTunes to 8 and 2.1 on my iphone 2G
    I am getting error 6 on my itunes when I am trying to restore it with my custome IPSW...

Can someone please help me to get this fixed...
    Dont be that guy..!!!