Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbroken iphone upgrading to 2.1?

Default jailbroken iphone upgrading to 2.1?
    I got a question and i bet its really simple and dumb. I have a jailbroken iphone on 2.0 firmware, i was curious if i can download the new PwnageTool and make a custom firmware out of 2.1 then just update my jailbroken iphone through iTunes 8 with that custom firmware and still keep all my apps and settings?

anyone know ?
    Last edited by zachhall06; 2008-09-14 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah pretty simple and dumb. HAHAHA LOL, just kidding. No question is simply and dumb if you need to know.

Anyways, anytime you restore/upgrade (load a firmware file) it is going to "wipe" everything. So, you will have to redo everything.

But, also before you pwn to 2.1 - you will first need to simply upgrade to 2.1 in Itunes as with pwnage, even using a custom firmware file, it must be the same version you are currently on.

thanks alot man i mas nervous on doing bc i started reading where people were bricking their phones. Do you know how i can save my files like winterboard and other stuff i downloaded with cydia so i can just go in there when i update and add it all back

You can download AppBackup from Cydia and run it, there's a full guide on BB's blog

iPhone News & Review Blog Archive How To Upgrade In iTunes

I haven't upgraded to 2.1 bcuz I have Tmobile and Quickpwn doesn't say if they Activate also.