Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help with Pwnage 2.1!!! thanks

Default Please Help with Pwnage 2.1!!! thanks
    Ok I am on a mac. My iphone 3g has the new 2.1 firmware. I download the new Pwnage advertised on the homepage of this website. I went through all the steps it said, but when it was finished, I didnt have installer or cydia on my springboard. I also have a .ipsw file on my desktop and I dont know what to do with that. I am assuming you need to use that file to get installer and cydia.

Please help. thanks!

Ok, I just figured out that you have to hold the option key and click restore to select the custom firmware. I selected the one made by pwnage but after I do it says "unknown error occured" So I guess I did something wrong.....

Ok, I just figured out that you have to hold the option key and click restore to select the custom firmware. I selected the one made by pwnage but after I do it says "unknown error occured" So I guess I did something wrong.....

Nevermind I got it to work myself. thanks for the help everyone! (Yes, thick sarcasm)
    Last edited by lifeorde4th; 2008-09-13 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

No problem. We look forward to your next thread - 'Why does only 1 speaker work?'
    To live, you have to lie

Default Exact same issue
    I had an 3G iPhone jailbroken with firmware 2.0.2 working fine and after the pwnage tool was updated to 2.1 I tried to upgrade to firmware 2.1 but for some reason it simply does not work. I've had numerous different firmwares jailbroken so I'm fairly familiar with the basics of the operation. I've had the custom firmware built for firmware 2.1 in Pwnage tool and put it in a Pwnage folder on my desktop. When I option restore in iTunes it goes through an entire status bar of "extracting software" but stops and gives me the error message, "the iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (6)". I noticed lifeorde4th said he figured it out, does anybody have any idea why this is happening? Please please please please help me!