Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I do This?

Default Can I do This?
    Hey guys,
    I am running a Mac and my Iphone is running 2.0 firmware which is unlocked and jailbroken etc. and it is a first gen Iphone too. My question is am I able to upgrade to the newest firmware that was just released by by the dev team 2.1. Can i just go strait from 2.0 to 2.1 with using pwnage tool or do I have to pwn my phone for each of the firmware versions in between 2.0 and 2.1?

Thanks

I need help here people please does anyone know
    Last edited by Freeridin_forever; 2008-09-14 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Properly, you would want to do a clean restore to the firmware you are currently using (this will give you a clean slate) then upgrade straight to 2.1 in Itunes. Afterwards, do your thing with pwnage.

Could you direct me in the right direction as how to do a clean state restore? and a link as to how to go about pwning the phone after that with 2.1 please!

Thanks

First you would restore your phone through the restore button in iTunes. After that you would take the 2.1 firmware and run pwnage creating a custom firmware in much the same way as you did when you jailbroke 2.0. Then you restore to it after entering dfu mode.

Or you can do a simple restore through iTunes. Just plug in your iPhone, click on it on the navigation bar, and select Restore. Then run QuickPwn from the DevTeams site. The program is easy enough. Just read what it tells you.