Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.1 Custom Firmwares Here..

Quote Originally Posted by chris12923 View Post
    Is this iPhone-3G-2.1-custom-noactivate-nobootlogos.ipsw for att or non att? Or would I use the one that says activate? I m on att.

Thanks,

Chris
    I believe they are all for ATT (or any "official") users

I succeeded with the non-ATT version, being on T-Mobile and all is well, except I can't get the T-Zones hack to work (the one from Cydia) for internet on the $5.99 plan. Has anyone else had luck with this?

I've been using it up through 2.0.2.

Bobby

OK. I uninstalled it and reinstalled from Cydia, rebooted, and its working.
    Last edited by bobbyr; 2008-09-17 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Fixed it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm on 2G 2.0.2(quickpwnd) 16gb. Vista/Itunes8.

All I need to do is Shift/Restore-select Custom FW?[/QUOTE]

Shinner23,

Yes that is it. Easy as pie.

NOTE: I did use winpwn to jailbreak and unlock before v2.1 came out. So make sure you have done that first. Not sure what would happen if you just did a restore without without using winpwn first. Oh, and I'm on T-Mobile too. All you have to do after that is install the T-Zones patch in Cydia to get your data to work again.

Thanks GRIP. You're the man!!!!
    Last edited by fahrfrompuken; 2008-09-17 at 04:26 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Any files with the 2G 2.1 that have custom boot/recovery logos? If so what logos? I'n looking for JB, Unlock, Activate, YouTube Fix, 500mb Partition, Full wipe, autodelete BootNuetor and full Wipe... Anyone have any file like this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hamstersteken View Post
    Does this have Cydia and Installer included?
    And those fixes for youtube, or whatever?
    Yes, Cydia and Installer are included in GRIP's 2.1 custom firmware. It works without a hitch on a winpwned (I used winpwn 2.5 with firmware 2.0.2 and jailbroke and unlocked first) 2G iPhone running on T-Mobile. Only thing after that is to download the T-Zones patch from Cydia and youtube and all work with no prob.

Thanks GRIP!
    iPhone 2G, Firmware 2.1, Unlocked and Jailbroken on T-Mobile, running Windows Vista Home Premium on an HP DV6000 laptop

my friend wants to jailbreak his 1st gen att .. can i just shift restore with his phone or does it need 2 have been jailbroken already .. because his phone has never been messed with .. can someone please reply quickly as im downloading the file right now .. thank you

if my att 2g on 2.1 fw ...thats never been messed with can i still jailbreak with this att friendly file or does it have to have been previously jailbroken already to use it .. please anyone with a quick reply thanks
    Last edited by timmyinpajamas; 2008-09-18 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

alrite didnt read the whole thread but read enough to see that people are having problems restoring and so did I.
    Heres how i managed to restore WITHOUT USING SHIFT. i would have gladly used the shift option to pick my custom firmware but it wouldnt let me, it just kept trying to download and use the apple firmware. what i did was actually very simple.
    I went into the folder where apple saves their official firmware and just put in the custom firmware and renamed it to the official firmware name, in this case "iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore"
    so here are my steps(that i took in windows vista):
    1. in control panel go to folder options, click the second tab and make hidden files visible
    2. navigate to the folder Local Disk/Users/Your user name here/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunes/Iphone Software Updates
    3. copy or move your custom firmware file into the directory mentioned in the previous step
    4. rename your custom firmware file to "iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore"
    5. Connect your iPhone and simply hit restore, no shift/dfu mode/screw jobs or anything

now if you're not on crappy vista like i am, im not sure where windows xp keeps the apple updates but a simple google search should help you out and then just follow steps 3 through 5

Thanks lookatthemonkeys.

Also I have been looking for an easy way to get 2.1 pwned fw since I am using windows and thanks to ncontorno in this thread http://digg.com/apple/iPhone_iPod_2_...tools_released I found it. Worked for me perfectly. I didn't follow the directions I chose custom 3g and yes to contract carrier and the rest was great!!

Quoted from ncontorno's post in the above thread.

"I was able to install 2.1 in my 2G iPhone in Windows. I've listed my steps below. This is not guaranteed to work for you and I take no responsibility if you screw up your phone, so use at your own risk!

Download iTunes 7.7
    Download iTunes 8.0
    Download BootLoader 3.9 and 4.6 http://rapidshare.com/files/145489032/BaseB.zip
    Download WinPwn 2.5 Beta 2 http://rapidshare.com/files/145490751/winpwn-2.5-B ...
    Download standard firmware 2.0.2 http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.in ...
    Download custom firmware 2.1 http://www.iphone-hacks.com/downloads/file/148

Install iTunes 7.7
    Install WinPwn 2.5 Beta 2

Run WinPwn in Expert mode.
    Select 2.0.2 Firmware
    Yes to unlock
    Yes to delete BootNeuter
    Yes to activation and YouTube activation
    Yes to Cydia and Installer
    No to resize partition
    No to wipe data
    Custom logos is up to you

It will build the custom ipsw file for the 2.0.2 firmware.
    Follow the instructions to prepare the iPhone for the restore.
    Once WinPwn tells you to do the restore in iTunes, boot up iTunes.
    You should still be in DFU mode, so shift click on restore.
    Select the CUSTOM 2.1 firmware you downloaded in the begining.
    Once the restore is complete, iTunes will not be able to recognize it since 2.1 was built for iTunes 8.0
    Install iTunes 8.0
    Set up phone as new or restore from a previous backup."
    Last edited by chris12923; 2008-09-18 at 04:37 PM.

Hi guys, im very new with all of this to do with the iphone. I just need to make sure there is no risk of stuffing up my phone if I download the custom firmware on page 1. My phone was from america and i bought it off ebay, and the guy I bought it off unlocked it with installer.app which is still on my iphone and switched it to the non AT&T network. Model number is A1203. What risks are involved and if I follow all of the instructions should I be fine? Thanks, just a bit worried!

Quote Originally Posted by marlee04 View Post
    Hi guys, im very new with all of this to do with the iphone. I just need to make sure there is no risk of stuffing up my phone if I download the custom firmware on page 1. My phone was from america and i bought it off ebay, and the guy I bought it off unlocked it with installer.app which is still on my iphone and switched it to the non AT&T network. Model number is A1203. What risks are involved and if I follow all of the instructions should I be fine? Thanks, just a bit worried!
    There is no sure way to say your phone will be fine after jailbreaking it. I have done it now about 5-6 times since 2.0 including using a custom firmware the way I described above and no issues. I have used winpwn and quickpwn both worked great. If you have questions ask but I doubt anyone will guarantee your phone wont get messed up.

Thanks,

Chris

hey brother-I have jailbroken my iphone 2g with the latest quickpwn program-do as i say it'll work for you-Badsically what u need 2 do is to update to 2.1 using the original firmware-Then your phone will be stopping at the emergency call at the end-Then use the quickpwn and follow the instructions it MUST work-

There is no need to download the custom firmware anymore-i repeat no need TO DOWNLOAD THE CUSTOM FIRMWARE-the 2.1 original firmware is enough and the quickpwn latest version-You need to do nothing else like i told you up-Just update then run quickpwn and follow the instructions thx

the latest firmware is 2.1-google it and do as i say-TRUST me it will work fine
    Last edited by metalduster; 2008-09-29 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Question Pls help..
    so all i need to do is to UPDATE my 1.1.3 jailbreak iPhone to 2.1 in iTunes 8.
    Then istall QuickPwn GUI? or 2.1?

Question do i need to download anything else besides Quick Pwn?
    do i need to download bootneuter or bootloader? something?

PLS ANSWER...

Default yes bro try what i said above
    basically what u need to do is just to update to firmware 2.1 via itunes 8 or 8.1-then use quickpwn(the latest version) to jailbreak it-It is ver6y simple and in very less time compared to winpwn-It has fewer options though but its very user friendly-Try it

you must create a folder in your desktop-in it put the following files

1.iPhone1_1_2.1_5F136_Restore firmware original
    2.Bl-39 and BL-46 files
    3.Quickpwn program

Then you update to firmware 2.1 using itunes 8 or later using the original firmware u have put on your desktop-

When the update will be over, you will get the same screen you normally get when u first bought ur iphone at am appstore-that is the emergency call screen

Then simply run the quickpwn program-follow the instructions on the screen and complete your unlock process-
    Last edited by metalduster; 2008-10-13 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789