Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 173

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 2.1 Custom Firmwares Here..

  1. #141
    restore to the normal 2.1 FW.. restart, kill itunes helper, connect iphone, DFU mode, start itunes (after DFU, after a restart), option+restore.. should work..

    ive done this like 6 times now.. i even got another iphone 2G..
    Oldschool 12" iBook G4
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    iTunes 8.0.2
    QuickPwn 2.2.5
    2.2.1 Jailbroken 8Gig iPhone 2G - for the wifie..
    3.0 Jailbroken 16Gig iPhone 2G - my WHORE..

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grip For This Useful Post:

    phoneboi (2008-09-16)

  3. #142
    the iTunes helper is a mac thing right? Theres no iTuneshelper here in vista.

    I can choose the FW with shift+restore, but soon after unpacking the software, it gives me error 6 and i'm stuck at restore mode.

    Right now, I restore back to 2.0.2, quickpwn and update to 2.1. No JB for me atm

  4. #143
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    phone must be pwned first
    - i used winpwn 2.5 to jailbreak, unlock and load custom firmware first (v2.0.2)
    download gators, or other custom firmware
    update itunes to 8.0
    plug in iphone
    no dfu required
    hold shift and hit restore button, then select custom firmware
    do a restore of settings
    that's it... easiest thing i've ever done

    BTW - I'm on T-Mobile with 2G iPhone and running Windows Vista Home Premium on an HP laptop

    [/QUOTE]

  5. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by fahrfrompuken View Post
    phone must be pwned first
    - i used winpwn 2.5 to jailbreak, unlock and load custom firmware first (v2.0.2)
    download gators, or other custom firmware
    update itunes to 8.0
    plug in iphone
    no dfu required
    hold shift and hit restore button, then select custom firmware
    do a restore of settings
    that's it... easiest thing i've ever done

    BTW - I'm on T-Mobile with 2G iPhone and running Windows Vista Home Premium on an HP laptop
    [/QUOTE]

    I'm on 2G 2.0.2(quickpwnd) 16gb. Vista/Itunes8.

    All I need to do is Shift/Restore-select Custom FW?

  6. #145
    Hey guys, I know we can't post torrents here, but I just found one on thePB that's for gen1 phones, no custom boot loaders and a 1.5G sys partition. It's only a search a way. I'm restoring right now and will post back with results.

    Search for "iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Custom_Restore.ipsw" uploaded by CopyL3ft

    (Mods, if I'm outside of the forum law, my bad!! Not tryin to step on toes at all.)

    *Update*

    Dammit . . . the phone restored just fine complete with Cydia & Installer but as soon as it booted up, it did all kinds of fly flashing stuff in BootNeuter that I've never done before . . . now iTunes is giving me the old "I can't read your phone so restore"

    This isn't normal behavior in my lil jailbroken appliance so I'm guessing that this in not the ATT friendly vers...and so the search continues. . .Ah well.
    Last edited by FutureStyle; 2008-09-16 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Update

  7. #146
    iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hollywood California
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts

    This was so easy it wasnt even funny, update itunes to 8.0 and restore with the custom firmware 2.1, smooth as silk

    thanks so much grip, you're the man!


    Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

  8. #147
    Default Activated?
    Grip,

    Are these activated as well? I assumed the non-AT&T one was activated, but I did a Shift+restore in iTunes 8 and it went flawlessly. Except for asking me to activate at the end. I am currently on a 2.0 pwned firmware. Thank you for taking the time to release these!

  9. #148
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    updated and unlocked with ease, everything works fine, only one problem. now I am trying to sync my iphone to intunes to transfer my music and the iphone won't show up in itunes? what do I do??

  10. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDADE View Post
    Grip,

    Are these activated as well? I assumed the non-AT&T one was activated, but I did a Shift+restore in iTunes 8 and it went flawlessly. Except for asking me to activate at the end. I am currently on a 2.0 pwned firmware. Thank you for taking the time to release these!
    once again thanks to every1 that thanked me.. i guess a little bit of effort can go a long way..

    as for the actual FW.. the only option the Pwnage gives me is whether or not i am planning to activate through itunes.. for the non AT&T obviously not going to activate through itunes.. and the AT&T friendly for activating through itunes.. hope that helps..
    Oldschool 12" iBook G4
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    iTunes 8.0.2
    QuickPwn 2.2.5
    2.2.1 Jailbroken 8Gig iPhone 2G - for the wifie..
    3.0 Jailbroken 16Gig iPhone 2G - my WHORE..

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grip For This Useful Post:

    daceptikon (2008-09-16), Flicker (2008-09-28)

  12. #150
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Update....Itunes recognizes my phone now...it was just a matter of restarting my computer...and so far everything seems to be working...

    thanks

  13. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneboi View Post
    after reading thru hella pages.. it seems these fw files att friendly and non att friendly are for 2g 1st gen iphones... i have downloaded them and awaiting install tomorrow on my 1st gen 2g phone.. i finally found the 3g 2nd gen iphone cust fw and wanted to share with everyone here

    again this is the ATT friendly 3G custom fw for everyone who has the 16gb white iphone or 16g black iphone or 8gb black iphone 3g

    Index of /MMi

    and of course courtesy of willydavidk
    Do all of these custom firmware for the 3G unlock as well or just jailbreak? I'm looking to just jailbreak, not unlock. Just want to make sure before I try to install one of them.

  14. #152
    This is not working for me. I am using Grip's firmware, and everthing seems to go fine. I get to the screen where it explains how to rearrange my icons and I hit Dismiss. Then when I get back into iTunes and it asks whether I want to set up as a new phone or restore one of my backups. When I choose today's backup, or any previous backup, the restore runs, then the phone reboots and when it comes back up it keeps vibrating every 10 seconds and it's stuck on the pineapple screen with the twirly icon spinning. I've left it for a half hour and it never stops the buzzing and twirling. So I basically have no contacts, which is a bummer. If I don't restore from backup, the phone works ok, makes calls etc. But I don't have any of the data that I'd really like to have on my phone.

  15. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by ritualdevice View Post
    This is not working for me. I am using Grip's firmware, and everthing seems to go fine. I get to the screen where it explains how to rearrange my icons and I hit Dismiss. Then when I get back into iTunes and it asks whether I want to set up as a new phone or restore one of my backups. When I choose today's backup, or any previous backup, the restore runs, then the phone reboots and when it comes back up it keeps vibrating every 10 seconds and it's stuck on the pineapple screen with the twirly icon spinning. I've left it for a half hour and it never stops the buzzing and twirling. So I basically have no contacts, which is a bummer. If I don't restore from backup, the phone works ok, makes calls etc. But I don't have any of the data that I'd really like to have on my phone.
    Do not restore from a backup. Set it up as a new phone.

  16. #154
    Default 1.1.4 to 2.1
    I'm on 1.1.4 on T-Mobile. I used iLiberty to unlock,jailbreak, activate and etc. Can I just use one of the custom 2.1 firmwares mentioned in this thread with itunes 8 to do my upgrade or do I need to winpwn to 2.0.2 firmware first?

    Thanks for any and all help.
    mS

  17. #155

  18. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneboi View Post
    after reading thru hella pages.. it seems these fw files att friendly and non att friendly are for 2g 1st gen iphones... i have downloaded them and awaiting install tomorrow on my 1st gen 2g phone.. i finally found the 3g 2nd gen iphone cust fw and wanted to share with everyone here

    again this is the ATT friendly 3G custom fw for everyone who has the 16gb white iphone or 16g black iphone or 8gb black iphone 3g

    Index of /MMi

    and of course courtesy of willydavidk
    Worked great for me. Thanks for the link. All I did was download the right cfw, quit ituneshelper, shift+restore, and all was good. Did not even put into DFU mode.

  19. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by ritualdevice View Post
    This is not working for me. I am using Grip's firmware, and everthing seems to go fine. I get to the screen where it explains how to rearrange my icons and I hit Dismiss. Then when I get back into iTunes and it asks whether I want to set up as a new phone or restore one of my backups. When I choose today's backup, or any previous backup, the restore runs, then the phone reboots and when it comes back up it keeps vibrating every 10 seconds and it's stuck on the pineapple screen with the twirly icon spinning. I've left it for a half hour and it never stops the buzzing and twirling. So I basically have no contacts, which is a bummer. If I don't restore from backup, the phone works ok, makes calls etc. But I don't have any of the data that I'd really like to have on my phone.
    here you go..

    iPhone News & Review Blog Archive How To Restore Your 2.1 Backup
    Oldschool 12" iBook G4
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    iTunes 8.0.2
    QuickPwn 2.2.5
    2.2.1 Jailbroken 8Gig iPhone 2G - for the wifie..
    3.0 Jailbroken 16Gig iPhone 2G - my WHORE..

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Grip For This Useful Post:

    fahrfrompuken (2008-09-17)

  21. #158
    My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    623
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 55 Times in 42 Posts

    I couldnt get shift restore to take the custom firmware until I followed this other thread here~~> http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...-1600-yay.html

  22. #159
    Is this iPhone-3G-2.1-custom-noactivate-nobootlogos.ipsw for att or non att? Or would I use the one that says activate? I m on att.

    Thanks,

    Chris
    Last edited by chris12923; 2008-09-17 at 10:01 AM.

  23. #160
    iPhoneaholic theone77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    PlaNeT Earth in the Middle Part
    Posts
    442
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 276 Times in 112 Posts

    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service 2G IPHONE CLASSIC 2.1 FW from From Aws3ya of team applei:

    + Will Activate / Jailbreak / and Unlock your iPhone
    "Note:
    If WinterBoard and MIM didn't show up after the restore just reinstall WinterBoard and it will come out with the pre loaded themes and MIM too. Cfw comes with Openssh,openssl,Cydia sources Talking Alerts, five icon docks as well." - Aws3ya

    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service 2G IPHONE CLASSIC 2.1 FW from From Aws3ya of team applei:

    + Will Activate / Jailbreak / and Unlock your iPhone
    "Note:
    If WinterBoard and MIM didn't show up after the restore just reinstall WinterBoard and it will come out with the pre loaded themes and MIM too. Cfw comes with Openssh,openssl,Cydia sources Talking Alerts, five icon docks as well." - Aws3ya
    Last edited by theone77; 2008-09-17 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

    Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!
    .

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

    onodontbescurred (2008-11-12)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •