Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.1 Custom Firmwares Here..

just an update..

its working great .. everythings smooth cydia and installer is working good ... i have a 1st gen 8gb went from 2.0.2 on a 64bit vista .. everything is good ... didnt notice much difference .. but just glad to be on the new firmware .. gonna do my girls phone tonight

ok let me get this straight, I'm on iTunes 8 2.0.2 2G JB AT&T
    now I opened iTunes and can select the custom FW np, by doing that I'll be on 2.1 and keep everything apps and stuff?

So I can (AT&T 2G 2.0.2 JB) just Shift+Restore to your CFW.ipsw and I'll be done? Sounds to good to be true is why I ask lol
    hey can you give some more detail plz. Like what is included in AT&T friendly 2.1 2G iPhone? and what does friendly mean? no activation? cuz that's what I need

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great work Grip!

2g iPhone is now 2.1 unlocked!

thanks for your download!!

Control-Shift-Restore Custom 2.1
    Last edited by diggerdarrel; 2008-09-15 at 03:11 AM.

ok, my luck was not so good.

Had the 2.1 fw installed over 2.0.2 which was jb and activated, all was fine. I still had a bunch of cydia/installer things on there which I could not see or get to to delete off. I decided to try put this custom fw over it and followed the steps and it went sour. Now I am trying to get back to 2.0.2 so I have to do some uninstalling and flashing to do.

Can someone clarify that this fw is for the original iPhone and can be flashed to the iPhone with 7.? or 8.0 iTunes over a cracked and activated 2.0.2 fw?

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    ok let me get this straight, I'm on iTunes 8 2.0.2 2G JB AT&T
    now I opened iTunes and can select the custom FW np, by doing that I'll be on 2.1 and keep everything apps and stuff?

So I can (AT&T 2G 2.0.2 JB) just Shift+Restore to your CFW.ipsw and I'll be done? Sounds to good to be true is why I ask lol
    hey can you give some more detail plz. Like what is included in AT&T friendly 2.1 2G iPhone? and what does friendly mean? no activation? cuz that's what I need
    If you dont get any errors, then ya Shift+Restore will get the job done. And by At&T friendly, he did mean that its not unlocked and activated, its only jailbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by poe11371 View Post
    ok, my luck was not so good.

Had the 2.1 fw installed over 2.0.2 which was jb and activated, all was fine. I still had a bunch of cydia/installer things on there which I could not see or get to to delete off. I decided to try put this custom fw over it and followed the steps and it went sour. Now I am trying to get back to 2.0.2 so I have to do some uninstalling and flashing to do.

Can someone clarify that this fw is for the original iPhone and can be flashed to the iPhone with 7.? or 8.0 iTunes over a cracked and activated 2.0.2 fw?
    I tried it with itunes 7, but it didnt work but at that time itunes 8 wasnt working either. Eventually i somehow flashed the iphone using itunes 8 and everything's working fine
    Last edited by aayman_farzand; 2008-09-15 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Isn't this a legally shady area? Posting up modified apple code?

Really not having any luck now.
    WinPwn freezes at end of build when iTunes is seeing it and I don't get their custom restore splash.
    Been trying different builds with iTunes 7.0.0.43
    Never had these issues before. Argh. What happened?
    BTW I keep getting error 1600, and I am using the right fw (1,1) for my iPhone gen/type.

im glad so many people are having success with the FW.. it was as easy as uploading them..

as for what the files are to exactly.. on the pwnage tool you get 1 option during the build of the custom FW.. do you activate your phone with contract through itunes or not..

for the AT&T friendly it was yes i do activate through itunes..
    for the non friendly is obviously a NO..

remember these FW are for use with itunes 8.0.. kill the itunes helper and just option+restore or update.. thats all..

make sure to create a backup before you do anything and go ahead and SSH out anything pertinent.. after i discovered that itunes helper was the problem.. i succesfully restored to 2.0.2 and back to 2.1 about 4 times.. just to make sure it wasnt a fluke..
    Oldschool 12" iBook G4
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    iTunes 8.0.2
    QuickPwn 2.2.5
    2.2.1 Jailbroken 8Gig iPhone 2G - for the wifie..
    3.0 Jailbroken 16Gig iPhone 2G - my WHORE..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grip For This Useful Post:

addyseth (2008-09-15)

Question for Grip ... what is this "itunes helper" you speak of? I see Apple Mobile Device and ipod service running. Shut both of them down?

after reading thru hella pages.. it seems these fw files att friendly and non att friendly are for 2g 1st gen iphones... i have downloaded them and awaiting install tomorrow on my 1st gen 2g phone.. i finally found the 3g 2nd gen iphone cust fw and wanted to share with everyone here

again this is the ATT friendly 3G custom fw for everyone who has the 16gb white iphone or 16g black iphone or 8gb black iphone 3g

http://willydavidk.kittsplace.com/MMi/

and of course courtesy of willydavidk
    Last edited by phoneboi; 2008-09-15 at 12:35 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to phoneboi For This Useful Post:

lookatthemonkeys (2008-09-17)

Quote Originally Posted by poe11371 View Post
    Question for Grip ... what is this "itunes helper" you speak of? I see Apple Mobile Device and ipod service running. Shut both of them down?
    its a program named "itunes helper".. if you dont see it then you probably havent installed it.. im on os x 10.5.4 and it was set up to start up with my ibook.. go to accounts start up items..

by the way.. i have 2 iphones on 2.1 working smoothly right now.. my wife wants her snapture though..
    Last edited by Grip; 2008-09-15 at 03:04 PM.
    Oldschool 12" iBook G4
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    iTunes 8.0.2
    QuickPwn 2.2.5
    2.2.1 Jailbroken 8Gig iPhone 2G - for the wifie..
    3.0 Jailbroken 16Gig iPhone 2G - my WHORE..

Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    im glad so many people are having success with the FW.. it was as easy as uploading them..

as for what the files are to exactly.. on the pwnage tool you get 1 option during the build of the custom FW.. do you activate your phone with contract through itunes or not..

for the AT&T friendly it was yes i do activate through itunes..
    for the non friendly is obviously a NO..

remember these FW are for use with itunes 8.0.. kill the itunes helper and just option+restore or update.. thats all..

make sure to create a backup before you do anything and go ahead and SSH out anything pertinent.. after i discovered that itunes helper was the problem.. i succesfully restored to 2.0.2 and back to 2.1 about 4 times.. just to make sure it wasnt a fluke..
    Hey Grip,
    Is there a guide somewhere that explains what all the directories and files are while using ssh, and wnscp. I am having trouble knowing what file is which and i don't want to erase anything pertinent. Also, my one problem is my itunes library got completely wiped. Apple said to reinstall, but won't that mess up my last pwn? 3g windows 2.0.0.4
    thanks,

iPhone? More like MyPhone apummell's Avatar
    Thanks

found out why the 6 error my work around was this

on itunes 8

shift restore too 2.02

quickpwn 2.02

phone in revovery mode NOT DFU !!

shift restore to 2.1 custom file no 6 error!

Quote Originally Posted by phoneboi View Post
    after reading thru hella pages.. it seems these fw files att friendly and non att friendly are for 2g 1st gen iphones... i have downloaded them and awaiting install tomorrow on my 1st gen 2g phone.. i finally found the 3g 2nd gen iphone cust fw and wanted to share with everyone here

again this is the ATT friendly 3G custom fw for everyone who has the 16gb white iphone or 16g black iphone or 8gb black iphone 3g

Index of /MMi

and of course courtesy of willydavidk
    Thank you very much for sharing those files, willydavidk! I am downloading a file for my 3G AT&T right now.

Default 1st Gen iPhone Relocked & Unactivated by FW 2.1
    I've unlocked my iphone a number of times along the way and was, I thought, familiar with Pwnage Tool on a Mac. When FW 2.1 came out I waited but unfortunately saw a post that said I could do a "normal" upgrade from FW 2.02 to 2.1 through iTunes 8 without a problem. Wrong. After I'd upgraded the "normal" way to FW 2.1, my iPhone was still unlocked, Cydia, Installer, and all their apps were gone. At that point I should have stopped until the dust settled, but I didn't. When the dev team released the second version of Pwnage Tool for FW 2.1, I used it to try to get back Cydia and Installer. Yeah, you're right: VERY dumb move! The result is that my iPhone is now locked and unactivated. (I think I did the same thing poe11371 did to get into this fix.) Nothing I do works.

Should I go back to iTunes 7 and FW 2.02? Or....???

Advice welcomed. Again, I'm on a Mac. Thanks in advance.

Default Reporting Experience
    ok I used this file iPhone-2G-2.1-custom-noactivate-nobootlogos.ipsw
    I forgot where I got it from but it was not the one I wanted to use. This file unlocks and I didn't want to unlock it.I am
    iPhone 16GB 2G
    AT&T (Locked)
    iTunes 8
    Windows XP
    2.0.2 JB winpwn

I used this Shift+Restore and so far so good I am Restoring from backup now brb with more....

Spinning Wheel of Death (SWOD)

Did it over again everything went fine as before but this time set up as new br syncing now....

ok everthing doing fine for me. And yes 2.1 is faster, all "my apps" work and load faster.
    So to sum it all up just Restore with CFW and set up as new and you should be good to go like me.

btw i did these steps as well even tho it didn't seem to me I needed to cuz Installer & Cydia were there and I could open them

Step 11) Download TotalCommander and t-pot addon

Step 12) Install TotalCommander and in the left pane navigate to T-PoT.1.1.zip and click on it. It will install t-pot automatically.

Step 13) Download the mobileinstallation patch

Step 14) Use Totalcommander to install patched mobileinstallation to /System/Library/PrivateFrameWorks/MobileInstallation.framework … clickon the dropdown box [-\-] top left and select network neighborhood then t-pot. Reme,ber to back up your original mobileinstallation first!

Step 15) Still in TotalCommander delete /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

Step 16) Reboot the phone and all is good!
    Last edited by laz305; 2008-09-16 at 03:12 AM.

i just got a iphone 2g and it hasnt ever been pawned or jailbroken its original and on 2.1
    how would i be able to unlock it since i have a tmoble sim and the restore button wont appear on itunes 8 due to the unvaild sim? i am on windows btw

Default updating to firmware 2.1
    hi guys-this is my first time posting since this could be the only place i noticed there was a firmware 2g(non att version to download)-Ive tried it and it works perfectly-Well for those of you who are still in the dark let me provide you with the following info:

This custom firmware is uploaded by grip and is a jailbreaker+unlocker also and is at the link below(the same used on the first page of this thread) it has installer+cydia working perfectly-

http://sendspace.com/file/kx6yrv

I used itunes 8.0 to restore it-previously i was using firmware 2.02 and while restoring i noticed itunes was walking the same way i used to restore firmwares previously-eg i never had to hold mouse and click etc etc like some people are claiming-Just shift+restore brought me a browser and i looked where i saved the firmware and bingo-the update took little time-

What i noticed is that my iphone is really faster-everything is very fast and i only hope the battery will not run like it usually do in previous versions-I'll try to ssh in a moment to install the mobile installation patch then i'll try to see if appstore apps are working fine(custom ipa's i mean'

One last thing i noticed itunes is really working with iphone-i heard some claims itunes 8 don't recognise it after restore to latest-again this is false-It is working really fine thanks to grip-Will post again soon

hey guys i will recommend you all not to use the quickpwn method to jailbreak iphone as many are having difficulties even if some have worked out-Instead use the custom firmware by grip look at my post above-i know some people are really after quickpwn since the latest update promised some exciting features but winpwn is still better and not ready-version 3.0 must be coming any moment and please wait for this-Or if you are in a hurry to install then use Grip's NON ATTversion and restore your iphone in ITUNES 8 links are below or in the same thread of page 1-Basically the formware(Grip's) non att version both unlocks and jailbreaks as well as it flashes the baseband-With youtube, cydia, installer 4 all working-thx

grip's link is below-The 2g non att version

http://sendspace.com/file/kx6yrv

Last edited by metalduster; 2008-09-16 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Wifi on 2.1 yay or nay
    For the non ATT users who have upgraded to 2.1, is wifi working or is it still not connecting?

Default Grip FW (via Mac) Still Not Working On 1st Gen. iPhone
    Ok, I've done what you and others have suggested, using:
    1. 1st generation iPhone
    2. Mac Book pro, OS 10.5.5
    3. iTunes 8.0 (with iTunesHelper.app removed and deleted
    4. Grip's custom file (linked below)

I DFU into iTunes and hit Option+click Restore Button; I immediately find and open Grip's file; I then click the Restore button and the process starts...and immediately the process ends with the error: "The iPhone 'iPhone' could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600)."

Since this process works for many of you but also doesn't work for many of us, I wonder what the glitch is. Is it Mac related? I'm running Mac OS 10.5.5. Has anyone had success with Grip's file using 10.5.5?

Also, could the location of Grip's file cause a problem? I have mine on the desktop, but it still fails when located in my /library/itunes/itunes software update folder as well.

Again, I've removed & deleted iTunesHelper and still the unlock/JB process fails.

Not sure what to try next. Advice please. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by metalduster View Post
    hi guys-this is my first time posting since this could be the only place i noticed there was a firmware 2g(non att version to download)-Ive tried it and it works perfectly-Well for those of you who are still in the dark let me provide you with the following info:

This custom firmware is uploaded by grip and is a jailbreaker+unlocker also and is at the link below(the same used on the first page of this thread) it has installer+cydia working perfectly-

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

I used itunes 8.0 to restore it-previously i was using firmware 2.02 and while restoring i noticed itunes was walking the same way i used to restore firmwares previously-eg i never had to hold mouse and click etc etc like some people are claiming-Just shift+restore brought me a browser and i looked where i saved the firmware and bingo-the update took little time-

What i noticed is that my iphone is really faster-everything is very fast and i only hope the battery will not run like it usually do in previous versions-I'll try to ssh in a moment to install the mobile installation patch then i'll try to see if appstore apps are working fine(custom ipa's i mean'

One last thing i noticed itunes is really working with iphone-i heard some claims itunes 8 don't recognise it after restore to latest-again this is false-It is working really fine thanks to grip-Will post again soon

hey guys i will recommend you all not to use the quickpwn method to jailbreak iphone as many are having difficulties even if some have worked out-Instead use the custom firmware by grip look at my post above-i know some people are really after quickpwn since the latest update promised some exciting features but winpwn is still better and not ready-version 3.0 must be coming any moment and please wait for this-Or if you are in a hurry to install then use Grip's NON ATTversion and restore your iphone in ITUNES 8 links are below or in the same thread of page 1-Basically the formware(Grip's) non att version both unlocks and jailbreaks as well as it flashes the baseband-With youtube, cydia, installer 4 all working-thx

grip's link is below-The 2g non att version

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast