Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.1 Custom Firmwares Here..

Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    No, have to use itunes 8. That might work using another computer.. I used the wife's when I had a problem with my restore and it worked.
    I guess taht is my only option now. For the time being I restored using a official firmware, cant stand to watch the iphone in DFU mode that long. Cant believe i made the stupid mistake of losing my backup. I'll be so happy if the dev team releases the windows jailbreaking tool in the next 8 hours

Quote Originally Posted by agentdax5 View Post
    Is the system partition resized from the stock 500mb on the Non-AT&T ispw?
    BossPrefs is telling me I have 88mb free. It use to say 700mb free on 2.0.1 JB. I like the smaller free space tbh. I lost nearly a gb with 2.0.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    wait... Maybe im confused. Then will this custom firmware only work on pc's?

7.7 will not recognize 2.1 .. trust me .. im a nice guy

Thanks
    I have itunes 8, im using a mac and just got a little confused... I got about five minutes left on the dl and then I can give it a try.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, they probably will. I'm going to buy a Mac now!

iPhone? More like MyPhone apummell's Avatar
    Thanks

if you have a mac y would yu not just use quickpwn or pwnage tool ???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    Yea, they probably will. I'm going to buy a Mac now!
    Why buy a MAC, you can just buy the Leopard software from Apple, then create a dual boot with your Windows.

Thanks
    well i dl the custom firmware and when i tried the option restore button in itunes it couldnt find the ipsw to use. Im not too sure what to do know, so i'll just sit back and wait until a different way comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by apummell View Post
    if you have a mac y would yu not just use quickpwn or pwnage tool ???
    Cause people are lazy, or maybe just afraid they might mess something up so they'll let someone else make it for them. The later I could understand. ;P

Thanks
    apummel, becuase when i used the pwnagetool it doesnt locate an ipsw. I've only jb and unlocked two phones so im still very new to all this.

when you guys update to itunes 8.0 do you leave the checked 2.1.1 ? or should i uncheck it

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by y0haan View Post
    Why buy a MAC, you can just buy the Leopard software from Apple, then create a dual boot with your Windows.
    Didnt know that could be done. Of course it's cheaper, but I'm not that tech savvy. Is it hard to set that up?

can someone pls make a new firmware for iphone 2g with cydia and installer + activated with NO boot logo, plsssss

help us windows users.

it worked !! smooth as butter !! .. thanks every1 especially gator .. i set it up as a new phone just incase so i dont run into any obstacles

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks for links to custom FW2.1 I'll do mine tomorrow now.

Whoever was having problems with itunes shift and restore not working, try and replace stock FW2.1 in application/data folder with custom FW, I'm not saying it will def work but it's got to be worth a try.

IphoneCrazy

Quote Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post
    how are u guys able to select the cfw?????? for ****'s sake will someone tell me already? i've been waiting for like 2 hours, more than enough time. Somehow everyone gets a reply and my post is ignored. ******* weird. now my phone is stuck in restore mode and getting a ******* error 6.

So please I am begging you, how did you select it? Normal Shift + restore is not working, it goes to "Extracting Software directly".
    it's probably doing that cuz you downloaded update from iTunes? find that file and delete it then Shift+Restore should work. Let us know

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post
    i did try that. Here's what I'm doing. Press Shift Then restore, let go off Shift but not restore then when the mouse comes off restore i let it go. still not working and actually it does nothing.

I know my ******** will get me nowhere, but I'm pissed of right now, so I didnt really care when i typed that.

ya man I'm trying the exact same thing. Itunes just wont look for the firmware file. It either starts extracting the original one, and if i remove it, then it just wants to download it again. Do you click shift restore normally or let go of the mouse button after you move it from the restore button?
    dont let go of shift until after you let go of mouse
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

it worked for me (2G)!! Thanks every one specially for gator.....

Once again Thanks...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe i am just dumb but am i not seeing things right? where is the 3g 2.1 custom firm with cydia and no custom logos? I thought someone said it was up but i don;t see it anywhere.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast