Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.1 Custom Firmwares Here..

i'm trying to download Grip's NON-AT&T firmware, but getting the "Free User capacity at max" message from sendspace.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    thats becuase your not the only one trying to download it. keep on trying you'll get it. It took me awhile, now im dl it, but it takes a little while

Quote Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post
    i'm trying to download Grip's NON-AT&T firmware, but getting the "Free User capacity at max" message from sendspace.
    Me tooo

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

how are u guys able to select the cfw?????? for ****'s sake will someone tell me already? i've been waiting for like 2 hours, more than enough time. Somehow everyone gets a reply and my post is ignored. ******* weird. now my phone is stuck in restore mode and getting a ******* error 6.

So please I am begging you, how did you select it? Normal Shift + restore is not working, it goes to "Extracting Software directly".
    Please note, I have replied before. Also please note that ******** the way you are usually gets you nowhere. Shift click restore. Keep mouse pushed down on restore while moving it off the restore button. Once it is off the restore button let go. This should work. Happened with me in iTunes 7.7. If this doesn't work then NOBODY has an asnwer for you. Try re-installing iTunes or something. You are not being ignored people just don;t know how to help you!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by pickeledpeter View Post
    Im wondering the same thing timmy... With this custom firmware we dont even have to pwnd our own phones anymore so I dont see why people are having so much trouble. I guess i'll know how good it works after its done downloading.
    same here peter .. im dling the fw at 29% hope its smooth sailing
    lets us know how it goes peter as i will do the same

ya windows non-at&t user, on itunes 8, trying to restore using cfw 2.1.problem is, it failed the first time and now its stuck in DFU mode. Shift restore didnt even work the first time.

I had to replace the firmware in the "Application Data" folder because everytime i pressed shift restore, itunes DIRECTLY went to "Extracting Software" it didnt ask me to locate the cfw, it was extracting the official 2.1 backed up by itunes. So now I'm getting error 6 when i try to restore using a cfw, but it restores just fine when i use the official firmware
    Same thing happened to me too.. and its 5.20am here where i live ouchh

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

ya windows non-at&t user, on itunes 8, trying to restore using cfw 2.1.problem is, it failed the first time and now its stuck in DFU mode. Shift restore didnt even work the first time.

I had to replace the firmware in the "Application Data" folder because everytime i pressed shift restore, itunes DIRECTLY went to "Extracting Software" it didnt ask me to locate the cfw, it was extracting the official 2.1 backed up by itunes. So now I'm getting error 6 when i try to restore using a cfw, but it restores just fine when i use the official firmware
    This is exactly what I did:

Went here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...ares-here.html

and downloaded the cfw. Saved it to my desktop then opened itunes and shift+restore. Then selected the cfw from the desktop. That was it.

Sounds like you just have to finish the hard restore and start all over. Hope that works for ya.

now im downloading it after like 10 retries
    yeah

does it make any difference that I'm restoring from a 2.1 fw unlocked, but not JB?

Unlocked from 2.0.2 quickpwn and upgrade to 2.1

Thanks
    timmy, i will let you know how it goes, currently ive only dl 97 of 225 mb, so its says itll be another 45 minutes till I can give it a go.

:crosses fingers

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Please note, I have replied before. Also please note that ******** the way you are usually gets you nowhere. Shift click restore. Keep mouse pushed down on restore while moving it off the restore button. Once it is off the restore button let go. This should work. Happened with me in iTunes 7.7. If this doesn't work then NOBODY has an asnwer for you. Try re-installing iTunes or something. You are not being ignored people just don;t know how to help you!!!!
    i did try that. Here's what I'm doing. Press Shift Then restore, let go off Shift but not restore then when the mouse comes off restore i let it go. still not working and actually it does nothing.

I know my ******** will get me nowhere, but I'm pissed of right now, so I didnt really care when i typed that.

Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    This is exactly what I did:

Went here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...ares-here.html

and downloaded the cfw. Saved it to my desktop then opened itunes and shift+restore. Then selected the cfw from the desktop. That was it.

Sounds like you just have to finish the hard restore and start all over. Hope that works for ya.
    ya man I'm trying the exact same thing. Itunes just wont look for the firmware file. It either starts extracting the original one, and if i remove it, then it just wants to download it again. Do you click shift restore normally or let go of the mouse button after you move it from the restore button?
    Last edited by aayman_farzand; 2008-09-13 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    aayman are you on mac or pc

Thanks

i did try that. Here's what I'm doing. Press Shift Then restore, let go off Shift but not restore then when the mouse comes off restore i let it go. still not working and actually it does nothing.

I know my ******** will get me nowhere, but I'm pissed of right now, so I didnt really care when i typed that.

ya man I'm trying the exact same thing. Itunes just wont look for the firmware file. It either starts extracting the original one, and if i remove it, then it just wants to download it again. Do you click shift restore normally or let go of the mouse button after you move it from the restore button?
    I hold down the shift button and while its down press restore with a quick tap (and release) of the mouse. As soon as I release the button, the itunes search bar pops up. Sounds like you may need to dl itunes again.

Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    I hold down the shift button and while its down press restore with a quick tap (and release) of the mouse. As soon as I release the button, the itunes search bar pops up. Sounds like you may need to dl itunes again.
    downloaded it again and lost my iphone backup in the process. Do you think it will work if i try to restore the 2.1 firmware using itunes 7? I keep getting error 6 or 20, in both itunes 7 and 8. If it works with itunes 7, then i'll try it with my sister's pc in the morning.

@pickel: i'm on windows

i'm begining to think its a bad download. trying to download the firmware again but still getting the max capacity message. this is why i hate sendspace. looking for it on torrents, but found it for the 3g only so far
    Last edited by aayman_farzand; 2008-09-13 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

y do you release shift ? just keep it held down and click restore thats it .. if not uninstall and install itunes again

Is the system partition resized from the stock 500mb on the Non-AT&T ispw?

it wont work with itunes 7

Thanks
    timmy, are you saying that you dl and tried it on 7 and it wont work or are you telling somebody that it wont work on 7?

Thanks

downloaded it again and lost my iphone backup in the process. Do you think it will work if i try to restore the 2.1 firmware using itunes 7? I keep getting error 6 or 20, in both itunes 7 and 8. If it works with itunes 7, then i'll try it with my sister's pc in the morning.

@pickel: i'm on windows

i'm begining to think its a bad download. trying to download the firmware again but still getting the max capacity message. this is why i hate sendspace. looking for it on torrents, but found it for the 3g only so far
    No, have to use itunes 8. That might work using another computer.. I used the wife's when I had a problem with my restore and it worked.

You got my 'thanks' man. I was a little disappointed to see the customized bootlogo, other than that excellent job. I can get rid of that thing myself when the new winpwn is released.

Restored via iTunes 8 (Just shift+restore, no dfu/recovery)

cheers,
    cube

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast