Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading/Pwning 2.0.1 to 2.1

Exclamation Upgrading/Pwning 2.0.1 to 2.1
    I have a 2.0.1 jailbroken (Winpwn) iPhone 3G. Now that the 2.1 firmware is out, I want to update and re-jailbreak. What's the best way to do this?

Should I update through iTunes and wait until Winpwn is available for 2.1 and use that? Should I update through iTunes and use Quickpwn when it's available for 2.1 (I'm not actually sure what cases Quickpwn is used in), or should I just use Winpwn to create a custom 2.1 firmware and upgrade/restore with that (when the new version is available)? I don't care about unlocking so forget about that with respect to which program (Winpwn vs Quickpwn) I should use.

Help please.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont think any of those programs will work for 2.1fw. We would have to wait for the new tools to come out from the devs.

are the tool apps out i have the iphone 3g unlock but i want to add cydia
    how can i do this?

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    I dont think any of those programs will work for 2.1fw. We would have to wait for the new tools to come out from the devs.
    Yes I know. I meant when Winpwn and Quickpwn are released to work with 2.1, which of those should I use? Sorry I should have been more clear.