Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wallpaper will not change?

Default Wallpaper will not change?
    New to the forum, this is my first post, sorry if i have posted this in the wrong section, but i felt this was the the most appropriate place, as it helps answer questions with jailbreak/pwnage problems. So the problem, i previously owned and iPod touch, and performed various hacks, and jailbreaks, So now i have an iPhone, and i want to change the wallpaper to an image i have put on the phone, expect it won't change. I did have version 2.0.0 pwned on the iPhone 3G, but today i went for a clean restore into 2.1 and don't intend to pwn again as i feel there i no point, as it no longer offers what it used to, but the problem i have is the wallpaper will not change from the default earth image no matter what i try, I no from past experience that when you have had customize installed on the iphone when it has been pwned and you change your wallpaper through that you cant then change your wallpaper again using the photo.app or in the settings.app, and the fix was to SSH into your iphone and either delete a file called wallpaper.jpg or add a file named something like that i can't quite remember, but now i have done a full restore on my iphone into 2.1 so therefore the phone should have a clean firmware with no pwnage, which should mean the wallpaper can be changed, but i can't. Can anyone please tell me why this is, because i can't get my head around it, because all original files should be there if i have performed a clean restore into 2.1, if anyone also has a fix for this, that will enable me to change the wallpaper, that would be a great help, i do not intend to pwnage my phone again though
    thank you in advance

can anyone help, its bugging me that i cant fix this issue?

Did you really do a restore of your phone? Put the phone in DFU mode and do restore of the phone and be sure to set it up a a new device after the restore!!!

That should take care of the problems.

its just clicked in my head, of course, its because i selected the option after the restore to restore from a backup which would therefore not have done a new restore becuase i was putting the old stuff back on, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by stefan4711 View Post
    Did you really do a restore of your phone? Put the phone in DFU mode and do restore of the phone and be sure to set it up a a new device after the restore!!!

That should take care of the problems.
    Can someone tell me quick step by step to do a clean restore? Can I just in itunes do a shift/restore to 2.1 firmware I got here? Oh the phone right now is 3G 2.1 fw jailbroken w/qickpwn.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]