Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW how to jailbreak iphone (getting around the jailbreak detector)

Default NEW how to jailbreak iphone (getting around the jailbreak detector)
    (this tutorial has been done with a mac, not sure if it will work for windows)

if you have been getting "error 1600" or any other error code while jailbreaking iphone 2.0, 2.0.1, or 2.0.2, pleas read the following

the new update with itunes 8 has made it difficult to jailbreak your iphone or ipod touch. it detects jailbroken firmware. i just recently found a way to jailbreak your iphone or ipod touch even with itunes 8. First you need pwnage tool (for mac) or winpwn (windows) ill link them at the bottom of this post. secondly you need to make your own jailbroken firmware using pwnage tool or winpwn. the way itunes detects jailbroken firmware is apparently done through the internet. you need to have an internet connection to access your iphone. put your phone into recovery mode and once itunes recognizes it, turn wifi off. then restore your iphone or ipod touch by holding the (option/alt key for mac, shift key for windows) and select your jailbroken firmware and your device should restore normally!

pwnage tool
    Pwnage Tool 2.0.3.1 Released to Jailbreak iPhone firmware 2.0.2 - iPhone Hacks

winpwn
    Main Page - WinPwn

I tried what you suggested and I am still getting "uknown error (6)

THanks in advance......

Update ..... i was using itunes 8.0. Then i uninstalled and went back to 7.7.1.11 and i keep getting the same error.....
    Last edited by LoBeam; 2008-09-13 at 03:50 AM.

same here, tried all the tricks in the book

downgraded itunes to 7.7
    downgraded iphone to 2.0.2 (not j/b)
    deleted file in Library/itunes/device support
    tried to do everything from the scratch, fresh firmware(2.0.2)
    fresh itunes
    still getting error1600 in dfu mode
    or error 6 in restore mode
    going back to itunes8 and 2.1 iphone and waiting for pwngtool
    Last edited by riga2000; 2008-09-13 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by riga2000 View Post
    same here, tried all the tricks in the book

downgraded itunes to 7.7
    downgraded iphone to 2.0.2 (not j/b)
    deleted file in Library/itunes/device support
    tried to do everything from the scratch, fresh firmware(2.0.2)
    fresh itunes
    still getting error1600 in dfu mode
    or error 6 in restore mode
    going back to itunes8 and 2.1 iphone and waiting for pwngtool
    what i was doing was i was upgrading 2.0.1 to 2.0.2. now im trying to do 2.1 but i havent jailbroken the firmware yet

Quote Originally Posted by samson721 View Post
    what i was doing was i was upgrading 2.0.1 to 2.0.2. now im trying to do 2.1 but i havent jailbroken the firmware yet
    i just now upgraded to a jailbroken 2.1 using pwnage tool, go to the address at the bottom of this post and on the right corner click on the "next" button and see the screenshots i took while i was upgrading from 2.0.2 to a 2.1 unlocked and jailbroken.
    Picture2.png - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

after i got the error message after restoring saying that it couldnt be synced i just ignored it and it synced without a problem for some reason
    Last edited by samson721; 2008-09-13 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost