Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1G 8GB hang on boot

Default iPhone 1G 8GB hang on boot
    Hi there,

A few months ago, I got an iPhone 1G 8GB. I've had no problems with it, and i Pwned it from day one. No problems after upgrading to firmware 2.0.2 either. The last week, it suddenly started hanging on boot. Just a boot logo - no spinning circle or anything. If I power it on with power plug in, the vibrator vibrates one time shortly and then two times about a minute later, but that's the only life signs I get.

What can cause this problem? I've tried flashing it several times with Pwnage and default settings, on both Windows and Mac, but after a few days the problem is back. The third time I flashed, I thought my drive maybe filled up after using Cydia and Installer, and I resized the root partition to 800 MB. I've not installed any apps with Cydia and Installer, and I have around 300 MB free. The phone is hanging again..

Please, God - how can I get my iPhone back to life?

just hard reboot it a few times and it will come back to you. I tried that after having the same problem and reading: http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49782 and it worked! If the apple logo dims, it has crashed again - hard reset it again. If it stays full brightness just leave it alone and it should boot.

Thank you so much. This must be my problem, because I've actually installed 3 full pages of apps/games from App Store by now. I hope this will work

Oh no.. I fixed it last time by attaching my phone to my Mac while running iTunes.
    I upgraded to 2.1 two days ago, and it's been running nice and smoothly, but this morning, my phone started the endless reboot again.. With firmware 2.1... Bugger me..