Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help please!!!

Default Help please!!!
    well lets start off by telling you what i have, 2nd gen iphone running 2.0.2 jailbroken with winpwn 2.5, the problem: well i was downloading video tones from cydia and it downloaded then it said restart springboard so i did then my phone shut off then turned back on but got stuck at the apple screen let it sit for a while(3hrs)......still nothing(stuck on the apple screen still)batery dies charge it for a little while, turned it back on and is still stuck on the apple screen now im stuck without a phone wondering what to do any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advace

Have you tried connecting the phone to your computer? Or another computer with iTunes for that matter?

actually i didnt but a quick question if i could i have tune swap and am currently running on my friends itunes accout will this affect anything if i hook it up to my itunes

It shouldn't affect anything, instead, it will just ask you if you want to overwrite the media already on the phone from your friend's iTunes account.

ok well i connected my phone to my computer and my phone was recognized by itunes and now is at the summary page but it is still frozen on the same screen

Have you tried holding down the power and home key buttons at the same time?

yup did that as well and is still stuck on the screen

Hmm, try contacting Apple?

the phone is jailbroken so i dont suggest informing them on anything since it froze after jailvreaking

any other ideas from the great minds wondering MMI at this hour all help is welcome. thanks to anyone and everyone on this site
    Last edited by G13; 2008-09-09 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hold down the power and home button for 10-11 seconds, then release the power button while keeping the home button pushed. Itunes will detect your phone in restore mode (black screen = DFU mode) and do a shift restore (pc) or option restore on mac and restore your phone with your custom firmware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Me and my friend had some major issues with this as well. I believe it is the 2.0.2 firmware. I downgraded mine to 2.0.1 and I am downgrading his sometime soon.

ok so now is where the real problem bigins i put my phone into DFU mode and tried to restore with custom IPSW but i am getting an error from itunes saying the iphone could not be restored. an unknown error occurred (1601)

anyone available for any assistance would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by G13; 2008-09-09 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds like you were not properly in DFU mode. with 2.x firmware, make sure the phone is off before you try to put in DFU mode.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chefanim For This Useful Post:

G13 (2008-09-09)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You could have tried SSH into your phone and deleting the last app you installed but since you already tried to restore...when you made that custom firmware, was it the same version (2.0.2)? Try making another custom ipsw. If that doesn't work try restoring with the original ipsw and start all over.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pncntigger For This Useful Post:

G13 (2008-09-09)

Thanks

pncntigger is correct, make sure you have SSH installed when you get the phone restored. and if this happens again in the future, you can just rename the var/mobile/applications folder to var/mobile/applications2 and within 5 seconds the phone will boot up. then rename the folder back to applications, then rescync and all will be well without a restore.

I have a problem as well..
    My iPhone won't let me dial out. When I hit the phone icon, it will show me the keyboard, yet won't let me dial nor get to my recent calls... Also, when someone calls me, I can't hang up.. b/c it won't take me to that screen.

i dont understand what u mean by not correctly in dfu mode. cant exactly turn my phone off because now its stuck all black in what i believe to be dfu mode prior to that it was stuck on the reeboot screen. so if i just restore back to factory setting regular 2.0.2 non-custom IPSW will this cause any problems

Thanks

You could do that.... 2.0.2 then use quickpwn to jailbreak and unlock it

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Recovery mode is when you see the usb cable pointing to iTunes logo. DFU will have nothing on screen, it will look like the phone is off. When you plug your phone to your computer, iTunes will recognize your phone.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

well im still stuck at the same point in DFU mode and when i got to restore im still receiving the same error message can not restore iphone .... anyone else willing to make an attempt at whats going wrong a some possible solutions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast