Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Forgot the ALT-button while restore, what now?

Default Forgot the ALT-button while restore, what now?
    Hey,

a colleague did the whole pwnage work and when he went back to iTunes to restore the iPhone with the custom firmware 2.0.2 he forgot to click the ALT-button while restoring.
    Now, iTunes does not 'find' his iPhone anymore -> so he can't restore it again with his customized firmware?!
    What to do now? Is downgrading the only way or are there better and easier ways to handle this?
    Would be very glad to help him, so please feed me with good answers!
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Astaroth; 2008-09-08 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Hey,

a colleague did the whole pwnage work and when he went back to iTunes to restore the iPhone with the custom firmware 2.0.2 he forgot to click the ALT-button while restoring.
    Now, iTunes does not 'find' his iPhone anymore -> so he can't restore it again with his customized firmware?!
    What to do now? Is downgrading the only way or are there better and easier ways to handle this?
    Would be very glad to help him, so please feed me with good answers!
    Thanks in advance!
    This sound a little strange. You could try to put the phone in DFU mode, i.e. Push both the Power and home button for 10 seconds and then release the power button and continue holding down the home button until iTunes find an iPhone in restore mode. Now you can download your custom firmware.

Note that the screen will be black when in DFU mode.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't it Shift instead of Alt ?

Cheers...

Wallyİ...

It is Shift in Windows but Alt on a Mac

I'll make a note...

Thx...

Wallyİ...