Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: About to jail break but cant find my firmware file(using quickpwn)

Default About to jail break but cant find my firmware file(using quickpwn)
    Using quickpwn it asks for a firmware file (step 2)
    And I went to itunes and click restore to get that latest 2.0.2 file out of my 2.0.2 ipod (or it downloads it off somewhere).

After the 200 something mb firmware file finished downloading I am suppose to beable to restore. But i dont want to restore, I just want to get that file so I can use quickpwn. However, I cant FIND THE FRIGGEN FILE >< I have vista and i tried all kinds of searchings. Does anyone know where the file goes to ? Ive tried program files, program data, apple, ipod(even though mines is iphone), itunes everywhere... >.>

So yeah I really want to know where that big file went so I can jail break my itunes.

And also, what are some very famous and good 3rd party apps that most people use.

I heard theres one thats lets u record video ( thats so cool ! )
    theres also one that you can record voice (they shouldve incorporated this stuff with stock iphone imo)

What else ?

So yeah thanks alot if you could answer as many questions as you can !!!

You can download whatever firmware file you need from the downloads section of this site.

Also, moved to the correct forum.

yeah but I don't know wut happend to de one I got throught iTunes & I guess I gota redownload even thought iknow the file is already somewhere on my computer . That feeling suks.

CDocuments and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

Should be right there...

Cheers...

Wallyİ...

Thanks

doesn't vista have that nifty search button right in the start menu? Just search for ipsw.

yeah I tried the vista servh thing but sometimes it doesn't work so good

hmm I went to apple software updte folder but it's not there ...& I know for sure that I have the file on my comp becuz 1 I downloaded it and 2 if I try to restore it does open that file ..I don't want to loose all my stuff so I didn't actual restore but I know the file is somewhere on my comp. . I might actually wait for the next firmware becuz peple said it's gonna be in a day or two
    Last edited by virgozero; 2008-09-09 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Head's up for Vista 64bit users

I tried several times last night using the 3.0FW posted here and also having redsn0w running in compatibility mode & administrator mode each time having it hang at "waiting for reboot"

I even tried my xp sp2 laptop with the same results.

The key is using the EXACT same FW that is currently on the phone!

For those of you having problems finding this, look here:

C:/*yourusername*/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

Hope this helps, if it does hit the thanks button below

Default can i jailbreak my iphone 3gs?
    i have searched the net and found that some people can jail break their iphone 3gs 3.1.3 and some people cant can you please tel me how because am new to this i upgraded it to 3.1.3 when it was unlocked and jailbroken to 3.1.2. but now i have lost both unlock and jailbreak can you please jhelp me i have used f0recast to give me some info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled.png  

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You can't jailbreak 3.1.3 at all. The only chance you have is to downgrade and that's only possible if you have your 3.1.2 (or lower) SHSH files stored.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    You can't jailbreak 3.1.3 at all. The only chance you have is to downgrade and that's only possible if you have your 3.1.2 (or lower) SHSH files stored.
    So why are there a few sites like automaticiphoneunlocker sayin u can & theres a couple more?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjuni View Post
    So why are there a few sites like automaticiphoneunlocker sayin u can & theres a couple more?
    Those are all scams. They'll take your money and then after a while you'll get a mail saying the jailbreak/unlock is done soon and you'll receive it shortly. You won't though. You will get it, but not until one of the dev teams has released the jailbreak/unlock for free.