Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm stuck!!! :( Please help, searched!

Exclamation I'm stuck!!! :( Please help, searched!
    Ok here's the scoop. I have a iPhone 3G 2.0.2 jailbroken using quickpwn. I was in the process of installing bigboss's categories using Cydia when my phoned restarted itself. Now for the past two hours I'm stuck at the pineaple logo! I've tried pluggin the phone in to restore & iTunes won't recognize the phone giving me an error message I've searched High and Low and have NO clue what to do now!

Please help!!!

Thanks

Did you try to restore while the phone is in DFU mode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

U have to keep tryin to iTunes recognize it

Problem is I can't get the phone into DFU mode. If I can at LEAST do that then I'll restore the phone. It just STAYS on the pineaple logo and from time to time vibrate as if it wants to turn on. Itnes wont recognize it and now I have the spinning beach ball on my mac

Anyone?!
    Last edited by hozay09; 2008-09-03 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

SSH in and rename var/mobile/applications to var/mobile/applications2

wait 5 seconds and the phone should respring

then rename it back and sync it with itunes to get your apps back

That method has worked for me when mine wouldnt restart

Thanks but I never installed openSSH into my iphone while it was jailbroken.

Anyway, after multiple attempts I finally got pwnage to force the iphone into dfu & did a regular itunes restore. Now i'm contimplating on rejailbreaking the iphone or leaving it as is.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Re jailbreak it, and make sure to install openSSH and remember your IP in case that happens again. Ive been having problems with installing apps on Cydia recently, and the way I mentioned before is the quickest/easiest/most painless method to get the phone working again. Restoring from backup in iTunes takes forever if you have to do a complete restore.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    Re jailbreak it, and make sure to install openSSH and remember your IP in case that happens again. Ive been having problems with installing apps on Cydia recently, and the way I mentioned before is the quickest/easiest/most painless method to get the phone working again. Restoring from backup in iTunes takes forever if you have to do a complete restore.

Good luck
    Sounds like a good plan. I was thinking of leaving it as is but I know myself & will get the 'itch' to jailbreak it again Next time I'll definitely install openSSH for sure!

I unlock and jailbrake my iphone 8g 1.4 with liberty and with ziphone but if not reading any sim card can someone held

Thanks

Keep holding those buttons for life to get it in restore mode!
    If not try DFU.
    Try a different computer if you must to see if it recognizes.

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Keep holding those buttons for life to get it in restore mode!
    If not try DFU.
    Try a different computer if you must to see if it recognizes.
    Yea, thats exactly what I kept doing till I finally got it to get into DFU LOL.

Now I have another problem. My iPhone JUST won't allow pwnage to complete the jailbreak process! I get as far as creating a new ISPW & the minute iTunes says "extracting software" I get a pop up window saying 2001 error unable to recognize ipod.

I've tried both quickpwn and pwnage tool (which I've used before successfully). Neither get the job done. The pineapple logo pops up on the screen then I have to force the iPhone 3G into DFU mode and restore regular.

Any suggestions?

Ok now here's something strange.. I have my iPhone running on 2.0.2 regular unjailbroken but I've noticed missing the icons for 'contacts' & stocks. I had them hidden using boss pref when the phone was jailbroken so I'm guess they stayed stuck that way? How do I go about jailbreaking my phone again?
    Last edited by hozay09; 2008-09-04 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi, I have a similar problem with my iphone too. I also just Quickpwn the 2.0.2 version, but now i cannot sync with iTunes and I can't download anything from the AppStore. I read on another post to delete the Lockdown folder, I couldn't find that folder, but I found lockdownd.patch instead.
    Please Help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hozay09 View Post
    Yea, thats exactly what I kept doing till I finally got it to get into DFU LOL.

Now I have another problem. My iPhone JUST won't allow pwnage to complete the jailbreak process! I get as far as creating a new ISPW & the minute iTunes says "extracting software" I get a pop up window saying 2001 error unable to recognize ipod.

I've tried both quickpwn and pwnage tool (which I've used before successfully). Neither get the job done. The pineapple logo pops up on the screen then I have to force the iPhone 3G into DFU mode and restore regular.

Any suggestions?

Ok now here's something strange.. I have my iPhone running on 2.0.2 regular unjailbroken but I've noticed missing the icons for 'contacts' & stocks. I had them hidden using boss pref when the phone was jailbroken so I'm guess they stayed stuck that way? How do I go about jailbreaking my phone again?
    Restore to stock 2.0.2 f/w and then WinPwn or QuickPwn....Then when itunes finished installing the custom f/w...Start as a new phone, not from a backup.