Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it possible to run Cydia apps and App. Store apps together or not?

Default Is it possible to run Cydia apps and App. Store apps together or not?
    It is actually possible to have a jailbroken phone that runs both jailbroke AND App Store apps?

I tried to jailbreak a few weeks ago but my phone continually locked up when trying to install Cydia apps. So I had to restore.

Everything I've read points to the lock ups related to having app. store apps installed.

I do have about 25 app. store apps loaded.

I read that one must install the Cydia apps before installing the app. store apps. But what happens once you put the app. store apps on the phone and you want a new Cydia app? Can't be done?

I understand the process people are saying works (restore, jailbreak, set up new phone, sync) but what happens in the future?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I was going to be sarcastic, but seeing as you actually had a problem doing this you get a real answer.

Yes it is possible and it shouldn't matter in what order you install them.

But I have read that some people recommend at least opening Cydia and letting it reorganize first before installing apps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes u can it want do nothin to your iphone or iPod

Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
    I was going to be sarcastic, but seeing as you actually had a problem doing this you get a real answer.

Yes it is possible and it shouldn't matter in what order you install them.

But I have read that some people recommend at least opening Cydia and letting it reorganize first before installing apps.
    Well thanks.

So that's my question.

People have problems using Cydia ONCE apps are installed. So what do they do after they've organized Cydia and then installed apps?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Nothing, just do everything as normal.

Like I said, some people have said that. But I haven't seen any evidence to back it up.

Just restore your phone and if you have problems, download bossprefs on cydia and use fix permissions.

I have tons of appstore and cydia apps. all running fine.