Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unjailbreak?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Unjailbreak?
    Firstly let me just say that I've got no desire to unjailbreak at this point in time, everything is working smoothly and I couldn't be happier.

But I was just wondering, if for whatever reason I decided that I just want it to go back to normal, how hard is this process? What would I need to do to archive this?

Also, what happens if a new version of firmware is released, what procedure is there to follow? I'm currently running 2.0.2, but say hypothetically that that 2.0.3 was released, what would happen if I went ahead with the firmware upgrade? What I'm trying to say is, if iTunes alerted me if there was a firmware upgrade, would it be safe to upgrade? And would it get rid of winpwn or would it probably brick the phone?

One last thing, if an iPhone got unjailbroken, hypothetically speaking, what would happen to certain apps that were downloaded off BitTorrent. I'm not claiming that I have those types of apps on my phone, this is purely just a hypothetical question.

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by NuclearWinter; 2008-09-03 at 01:24 PM.

if you update with the official FW via iTunes, no matter if 2.02 or possible 2.03
    it will get locked again. In the first case the baseband chip the sim lock should stay unlocked, but with a new FW the chip gets overwritten with the new FW and you are completely locked and it will have to be reg. via iTunes. (2G models)
    for the 3Model the jailbreak will be gone and you can only use the official Appstore apps.
    OOB 1.0.2, 2G Pwened 2.1 with Cydia, 3G 2.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok, so my phone should be back to normal next firmware upgrade?

Is there any way of "un-jailbreaking" it without waiting for the next firmware upgrade?

btw my iPhone is 3G
    Last edited by NuclearWinter; 2008-09-03 at 03:29 PM.