Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A whole bunch of shinanagins. Read me!

Default A whole bunch of shinanagins. Read me!
    So, I was luckily enough to find an iPhone on the floor.
    Took the simcard out and put mine in and everything was fine.
    ...Until, i plugged it into iTunes and pressed update.
    Apparently this is a first generation hacked iphone running on 1.1.4
    then i updated it to 2.0.2 then after 4 whole days of nonstop techniques and research i finally got the phone back to where it was... hacked and
    jailbroken..... but now..... no signal.

I read about rebanding and other stuff but it left me having to restore it back to the factory settings then hacking it again. I called people before, i plugged it in to this machine, i wish didnt exist. What am i missing to complete this rubics cube of stress?

Hacked using pwnage it is currently 2.0.2 and i cant wait for someone to help.

When you pwned it, did you choose "activate" as an option in pwnage?

bring it to lost and found

Default Beats me...
    Not sure, if i did, what would be the next step? And also if i didnt.

Thanks

The owner probably reported it lost and when it went to activate in Itunes it shut you down. When my oldest bought his 3G I took his old 2G since it seemed a bit better and more stable than min (he had the newer bootloader) I restored and unlocked it and just popped my sim in. I had no issues whatsoever with itunes. After I bought my own 3G iPhone, I gave the 2G to my youngest son. I restored it and repwned it. i wanted to make it legit because I know he'll use data After i put his sim in and plugged it into itunes it asked me to set up the account and all. It could be that if your found phone was reported lost, iTunes will not activate it. You will have to unlock and activate as though you were on a different carrier.

Not to pass judgement here, but did you ever try and find its owner? I once found a razr while out walking the dog and thought to look in the phone contacts for an entry like "home", or some kind of reference to a relative. but it was just random names listed. I even called Cingular (this was a while ago) and told them i found the phone to which they told me they couldnt give me any info on its owner to contact them and it was already reported lost. I ended up unlocking it and using it as a spare.

Default keep on truckin'
    Well how would i do that if i wanted to reactiviate it on another carrier.
    In canada i have the simcard for the official carrier.
    the iphone is american. Either way it had to be hacked. and now imstuck with an iphone hacked with no signal. Is it best to bring everything to my carrier to then get a new simcard or to reactivate it through itunes?

Thanks