Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pwnage tool - t-mobile?

Default pwnage tool - t-mobile?
    yesterday i ran Pwnage Tool 2.0.3.1 successfully on my first gen. iphone running OS2.0.2

after it was complete i put my t-mobile sim card in my iphone and the network showed up in the top left corner of my phone, but it is in emergency mode. also, itunes says that it can't recognize the phone. it won't recognize it until i put my at&t sim back in.

how do i successfully switch to t-mobile now that my phone is supposedly unlocked?

i assume i'm doing something wrong or missing a step. enlighten me please!

also, so all the info is here, i am running itunes 7.7.1 does this matter?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You need to rebuild the firmware and this time make sure to use the Activation feature. Then restore again.

should i have the t-mobile sim in while doing this? does it matter? is there a specific time to put the t-mobile sim in?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

doesn't matter

okay, i'm having pwnage tool build me a new ipsw, but this time i left "activate phone" checked instead of unchecking it. i had unchecked it previously because my phone is already an active phone

so, if it is a success this time, should i be able to insert the t-mobile sim and everything will be good to go?

so, if it is a success this time, should i be able to insert the t-mobile sim and everything will be good to go?

okay, that worked. thank you very much for your help. now all i have to do is get my t-mobile sim activated. with my girlfriend's t-mobile sim in my iphone it seems to work, except i was having trouble with the email service.

anything else i should expect to have troubles with while using the iphone on t-mobile?
    Last edited by drewmmer; 2008-09-03 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost