Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to bring 1.1.4 to 2.0.2?

Default How to bring 1.1.4 to 2.0.2?
    Hey,

I have a 2G-iPhone, still on firmware 1.1.4.
    Which steps do I have to take to switch to 2.0.2?
    First of all pwnage to Firmware 2.0.0 and afterwards on to 2.0.2?
    Till now I only worked with ziPhone...
    Would be great getting an explanation, thank you in advance.

With useless threads like this, no wonder MMi gets slower to load. You oughtta search before... then you post!

Dear lente,

I was using the search function now in this forum, was searching for 1.1.4 or 2.0.2 and even firmware and I always got the same result:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

So how should I use the search function when I even get 0 results for firmware?! Seems to have a problem there?

But as I was asking again... could somebody be please so kind to help me with my upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 question? Perhaps a link to a thread where this problem has been already solved as my search function doesn't seem to work?!
    THANK YOU!!!
    Last edited by Astaroth; 2008-09-02 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The world isn't confined to just this forum. Google can help too (no **** sherlock!).

Here: iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0.x 2G iPhone (Windows) [WinPwn 2.5]

Yes, I googled already a lot of pwnage pages,
    but it never says if you can upgrade immediately from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2
    or if you have to upgrade first to 2.0.0 and only afterwards to 2.0.2?
    And lente, I don't want to bother anybody in here with useless comments.
    Sorry if I did and do so, it's not my purpose.
    I'm only a man who wants to update his 1.1.4 iPhone up to 2.0.2 that's all

Dude, it's simple.

Just plug in your phone, and upgrade your phone to 2.0.2 using iTunes. It will not hurt to update from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2. Then, after you are on 2.0.2, run your app to jailbreak, and go through the steps needed to jailbreak it.

It's common sense.

The reason he doesn't help is because it's common sense, and if you search Google or this forum for "Updating to 2.0.2 iPhone Firmware", you will get a simple answer of plugging in your iPhone to iTunes, and clicking "Update".

There are basically two ways of how to go about it:

i) You either install the new official firmware and jailbreak/unlock/pwn later with Quickpwn;

ii) or else you jailbreak/unlock/pwn the firmware software beforehand which you put on your iphone when you restore with Winpwn 2.5.

Many have used the first method which seemed to work, but I waited and preferred to used the second method.

Thanks both of you for your answer.
    I'm happy to read that it shouldn't hurt to update immediately from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2
    Thanks once again!

I was told that 2.0 is enough at the moment for the 2G iPhone as 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 has only fixes in it for the 3G, is that correct? Thanks again for any reply.
    Last edited by Astaroth; 2008-09-02 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Thanks both of you for your answer.
    I'm happy to read that it shouldn't hurt to update immediately from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2
    Thanks once again!

I was told that 2.0 is enough at the moment for the 2G iPhone as 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 has only fixes in it for the 3G, is that correct? Thanks again for any reply.
    Yes you heard right, but why have 2.0 when you can have 2.0.2?

Perhaps because it's proofed that 2.0 is stable and I'm not sure if everything will work with 2.0.2 because I haven't got a lot of feedback for 2.0.2 as a whole of people don't have the heart to do it yet?
    I just want to be sure that I won't have a brick at home afterwards!