Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G, power issue, has this happened to you?

Question 3G, power issue, has this happened to you?
    I am running 2.0.1 on my 3G (jailbroken) and I had it in my pocket last night. i took it out and it appeared "dead". I kinda freaked out (guess my phone is my life support). I went home and plugged it in to my computer, the phone instantly turned on to the lock screen, but it almost seemed like the phone was overloaded, (sound delays and it was moving very slow).... so slow that it powered itself off as if i put it in lock mode (simulated a power off).

I recreated the problem each time by hitting the lock button on the top (tapping power button once) to take me to a black screen, and it was unresponsive until I plugged it in my computer, then quickly unplugged it.

I did a proper power down of my phone, then powered it back up, it appears to be fine.

Has this happened to any of you? What can I do to prevent this happening again?

Was there too much running in the background (cydia apps) ? Is there a cydia program that wipes everything in the background and keep the phone powered on?

I almost felt like this was a power management issue (battery was always 80% full when it happened).

Thanks

I had this happen to me once or twice on my old 1st gen iPhone running 1.1.4. never figured out what caused it.