Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows

Hey man! i did all what u explained there, and i got my iPhone pwned! nice.. But, i cant still using my SIM (Digitel)... It keeps saying No Service :S! im on the FW 2.0.2 the custom one... Any idea plz!?

Thanks

Hey guys, Im trying to Hash the .ipsw and it says that it is corrupt or cannot be hashed.
    What should I do?
    I got all the files from the original post.
    I tried searching and got nothing.

thanks
    Tim

EDIT!!!

I found the problem.
    The .ipsw file in the original link is damaged!
    I found another one on another forum.
    Mods please relink to another file.

Tim
    Last edited by sk8ertim; 2008-10-25 at 08:28 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default A little help please.
    Quote Originally Posted by dansan8991 View Post
    if ur calls don't work but bootneuters function is to neuter ur phone so that ur phone works with any service not just AT&T
    It doesn't hurt so u can install it from installer to be on the safe side... But if u can already make calls... Then it's upto u... Won't make a diff
    I have 2 1sr gen's, one is 8g & the other 16g. I upgraded the 8g form 1.1.4 & used winpwn flawlessly. I tried last night to use it again for my 16g, but it wont seem to recognize any data (IE- no service) after I have gone through the whole process. I used expert mode & checked unlock, activate, cydia, erase data, keep bootloader, & install youtube. The phone accepts the custom ipsw & boots up fine, just cant get any service... Any suggestions please? Thank you.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

yes u can find bootneuter in cydia or installer and neuter ur phone it should work or try rebooting or restoring using the same way u did before

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dansan8991 View Post
    yes u can find bootneuter in cydia or installer and neuter ur phone it should work or try rebooting or restoring using the same way u did before
    I have done that everytime , & still nothing... I keep seeing this happening to people suddenly.

Quote Originally Posted by sairojc View Post
    Hey man! i did all what u explained there, and i got my iPhone pwned! nice.. But, i cant still using my SIM (Digitel)... It keeps saying No Service :S! im on the FW 2.0.2 the custom one... Any idea plz!?
    Join the club. It is happening to everyone rght now...
    Last edited by infamous12550; 2008-10-26 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wanderlei Silva

using winpwn 2.5? Then try the 2.0 if ur trying updating to 2.1 or something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ischrap View Post
    Everything seems to have worked ok accept I cant make calls or text????????? Whats going on?
    For everyone trying to unlock that has a newer 1st gen iPhone you will need to have your baseband downgraded to 04.03.13_G in order for it to be unlocked. It will only work for people that are upgrading from 1.1.4 down. So we can all just hope someone will figure it out soon...

Wanderlei Silva

Thanks

guys im breaking into tears
    i have a 1st gen iphone, i was upgrading from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 with winpwn 2.5 everything was working fine till DFU mode it just wouldnt let me, so someone told me since the custom firmware is made just go to itunes and do the sift retore thing but it didnt work and everythgin just went bad from there, i had no choice but to retore it and everything is gone, now on my iphone i only could see "slide for emergency" and my SIM card cant be read becuase i have t-mobile plz help guys

Thanks

Please help guys and galls, I just tried to QuickPwn my iPhone and I keep getting this error (posted in the pic)

I got about 500mb free in Partition C and about 90gb free in partition E.
    And still I get this.
    I tried WinPwn with expert settings but it crashes at either 40% 50% or 90%.
    And it happens even if I edit the root size to 700 800 or 900.
    Please help a dude out.
    Thanks

iByes
    Last edited by sk8ertim; 2008-10-27 at 04:09 AM. Reason: DUMB PIC WONT HOST!!!!!1111 GRR IM MAD!!!!

I pwnd my phone, winpwn crashed but I still installed the 2.0 firmware and everything worked, but after it booted back up, I lost all my contacts etc....I was using 2.1 firmware

If I do a restore back to what it was will It un jail break the phone?

my two cents....first if you are doing winpwn 2.5...after sucessful upgrade, do not "back up" restore in itunes, it will delete cydia.

To those who get the error message while restore w/new firmware, just shift and select your custom firmware and try again...i encountered this with a few phones. instead of exiting itunes, just try to shift and select custom firmware...Good luck, it'll work and iphone=patience

iPhone4Life! and apple tatoos are awesome

Can not get by step 9. It says searching for Iphone. And then crashes after about 5 min.

would this method work if my iphone is 1.1.3?

Everyone with 3G Phone .... "This tutorial won't unlock your iPhone 3G!"

Updated from jailbroken 1.1.4 (via iLiberty) to 2.0.1 using this. Everything seems to work but mail just opens shows a white screen for a second and then closes. Any ideas? I'm on AT&T. Man, I hope someone can help.

EDIT/UPDATE:

Google search helped me find this: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...-pwnage-2.html
    Last edited by IHatePho; 2008-11-17 at 08:45 AM.

Okay. So I got to step 17 and then software crash. Does anyone know why? I followed instruction exactly and everything seems to go smoothly until step 17.

I was trying to jailbreak a iPhone 3G.
    Last edited by xxay; 2008-11-22 at 08:46 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe someone should update the instructions of this guide since it doesn't apply to the new firmware 2.2
    *T*Mo**

Hi:

I have an old iphone which was mistakenly upgraded to v 2.0 via itunes. I used winpwn to jailbreak/unlock/activate and it worked fine until recently the icons on the top half of the screen would not move. I tried to restart with bossprefs and now I have nothing but the boot/restore logo - cartoon character that says surprise!

I tried using winpwn 2.5 BETA to restore, but after the IPSW files are built, nothing happens and the window closes.

Please help…
    Last edited by ALLIB; 2008-11-25 at 02:01 AM.

WELL I had to restore my phone last night...and bang!! wast left with a brick..luckily i follower these instructions and yippee got a iPhone back on Orange UK network....just need to re-install all my apps

small point after point 17 in guide my pwnage froze and went 'greyed out' and windows said it had a fault and did i want to debug! I closed pwnage instead and all seems to have worked.

also when i tried to restore from backup in itunes....itunes told me that i had to install backup as a new iphone as my firmware was out of date!!

Guys I need help.

In step 10, when it is building the custom firmware, nearing the end, the window just disappears. Can anybody tell me what to do and why this happens?

Thanks in advance.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast