Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows

ugh, whenever it prompts me to hold the home button, then power+home, then release the power button something doesn't work....
    Like i do it perfectly in synk.
    i have a 1st gen 2.1 fw iTouch
    plz help

does this tutorial update the phone to 2.1?

question... how long does it usually last after you go into DFU mode for WinPwn to prepare your Iphone to accept custom firmware.. my iphone is just stuck on a white screen and ive been waiting a good 5-10 mins to be able to go to the next step.. furthermore, the pc does not recognize the phone anymore while on that white screen but if i cancel and take the phone out of DFU phone it does work fine again.. any ideas?

that's not dfu mode
    Ur supposed to see black screen which looks like it's turned off in dfu... Do it right at iPhone News & Review
    It gives u instructions

Quote Originally Posted by dansan8991 View Post
    that's not dfu mode
    Ur supposed to see black screen which looks like it's turned off in dfu... Do it right at iPhone News & Review
    It gives u instructions
    before it starts the "pwnage" the screen is black, and the iphone is in DFU. it goes into that white screen while at the last screen of the tutorial when it says its preparing for "pwnage"

then try winpwn 2.5 from the same website

then try winpwn 2.5 from the same website
    sorry if i didnt give enough information.. i was using winpwn 2.5

i need some help. My computer gets to this screen...

My phone is entering dfu mode, The screen is white, and my computers says it has to close winpwn for some unknown reason. WTF?

Im using windows vista if that makes a difference.

use expert mode
    i am using expert mode and i did put the partition size to 800+ ... looks like im not the only having the problem either.. same thing as Plan B.. after going into DFU it goes to a white screen and the program stops responding.. what is supposed to happen after your phone goes into DFU mode? visibly, cause i know that its supposed to be preparing the iphone/itunes to accept custom firmware

its all at iPhone News & Review all the instructions and what ur supposed to see

BUT LEAVE IT TO 700+ DONT CHANGE PARTITION SIZE!

I have a Ziphone unlocked 2G iphone running 1.1.4 software.

Is this the method I use to upgrade to V 2.0 software?

I also want to be able to use my UK vodafone sim in it (which I can now).

Do I need to do anything else prior to using this tutorial because I have a phone which has been unlocked with something else?

Thanks.

Lynda

Guys,

I've followed the instructions to the letter, downloaded the appropriate files, even went to the download section to ensure I was grabbing the 3G version of the firmware and I still get the hash error when attempting to build the custom firmware. Any ideas ? I've tried the file on this server as well as one of my backups stored locally on my machine. Any suggestions? Has anyone had and overcome this issue?

Thanks in advance

lynswin:
    iPhone News & Review is the best
    Leave ur package to 700 when it asks u
    Approve to install bootneuter when it asks and activate ur phone
    And use expert mode

no one is saying anything about error 6 how can we fix it????

iPhone? More like MyPhone psilocybin's Avatar
    Thanks

does this work with version 2.1?

yes if u have that firmware

Put phone in DFU, as it is installing custom IPSW files, winpwn closes, and i get a windows error message. I cannot seem to get onto sleepers.net to see what to do...any help?
    --Big Coop
    Last edited by bigcoop; 2008-10-07 at 06:06 AM.

just wondering what's essentials that i must put in the custom IPSW ? and what the difference between botloader 3.9 and 4.6 ?

bigcoop
    Run it again using expert mode
    Leave package to 700

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dansan8991 For This Useful Post:

bigcoop (2008-10-07)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast