Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows

Hi,
    I spent all evening yesterday trying to unlock a 16gb 2G iphone.
    I have followed the instructions to the T but everytime the same thing happens - it says's building custom IPSW file, gets near the end and just shuts the window without anything being done. I have seen others with the same problem but no solution, please, please HELP !
    The pc I first tried it (Beta 2.5) on was Vista, I then tried the older version not the beta 2.5 this still had the same problem, I then used my son's XP machine still the same problem - What's wrong ??

Thanks

dumb question but, In step 4, if we have a 3G then we click 3G here, right? lol

before i had 1.1.4 unlocked iphone.. so it did everything read correctly but its stuck on just a dial screen after installation. It wont read my sim card for some reason?

Help?

I just used this method to upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 and it worked seamlessly. Im kinda bummed I have to restore all my music and contacts but oh well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a320az View Post
    I just used this method to upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 and it worked seamlessly. Im kinda bummed I have to restore all my music and contacts but oh well.

Thanks
    did i do something wrong? did you have your phone unlocked also?

i upgraded my iphone from 1.1.4 to 2.0 using winpwn 2.5...its working perfectly except it gives me an error 0xE800035 and wont connect to itunes !

What's Jailbreak?
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Thanks

Default Unlocked iPhone
    If I unlock my 2G iPhone, will I be still able to use it on AT&T network? My wife has T-Mobile and eventually I want to give her this phone and upgrade.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TT KH View Post
    I have the same problem like The Iphone could not be restored. An unknown error ocurred (6)
    i met this problem also, now i read in some ohter site that maybe im not on the right DFU mode, i tried again the instruction above and i finally got a correct DFU mode then i opn the itunes. Just followed the instruction on how to get to DFU mode. DFU mode thru ZIphone was not succesful for me so i still follow the winpwn instruction to get DFUmode...SUCCESSFULL
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

Default Links not work, please post new link
    I need bootloader files, bl3.9 and bl4.6. Links are not working now, please post new links or tell me where i can download please, thanks

Thanks

@funkyfatfly: Download QuickPwn. Restore your 3G iPhone to 2.0.2 using iTunes and keep the 3G 2.0.2 firmware file in the quickpwn folder. Open quickpwn select iPhone 3G and say no if it asks you to unlock or activate and your 3G is done. I have helped someone from Telco Singapore before on IRC and this worked.

@yomamafuks and koje: Just read the end of my guide.

@beedyb220: you can still use AT&T after unlocking.

And for everyone having error 6 or 160x, just don't use any DFU mode and use WinPwn DFU helper only otherwise you will get the errors as it is just recovery mode with tools like ZiPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by citifone View Post
    I need bootloader files, bl3.9 and bl4.6. Links are not working now, please post new links or tell me where i can download please, thanks
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post
    Notice: If you face crash while building firmware, use the expert mode and set partition size between 700 MB to 900 MB
    Mine crashed, and per your instructions, I re-set it to both 800 and 900 and it just sits in "building custom IPSW file" and doesn't do a damned thing...

leave it to 700 and don't mess with it

hmmm ok

in expert mode, I delete bootnueter and don't activate iPhone, correct?
    Last edited by bballcat03; 2008-09-07 at 08:08 AM.

if ur using [email protected] then u don't need bootneuter but if ur using tmobile or someting else then u need to booter and activate!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dansan8991 For This Useful Post:

bballcat03 (2008-09-07)

so don't delete bootnueter and activate iphone then cause I am using T-Mobile

I've been unlocking both of my iphones now and this is the first time its ever worked the first time through. THANKS!
    Last edited by bballcat03; 2008-09-07 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

found bootloader files in google search..type bl-39.bin and bl-46.bin
    here is one link from 4share.com: http://www.4shared.com/file/60896606...db5/BL-39.html

thanks anyways
    Last edited by citifone; 2008-09-07 at 10:49 AM.

hi,
    the link for the BL files isnt working anywere where i can find them???? thanks

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast