Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winpwn 2.5 question?

Default Winpwn 2.5 question?
    Select the green thumbs up if you are using AT&T or an official carrier. If not, select the red thumbs down. The red thumbs down will unlock and activate while the green will not. Answer the rest of the questions in a similar manner. They are all quite straight forward.

From the bigboss Guide,

So i was wondering , my iphone 2g is shipped from the states and i use an swedish card. Should i take the green thumb or the red im a little nervous of doing something wrong...

should i update to 2.0.2 before doing the winpwn 2.5 ?

should the iphone be connected to the pc trough the whole processes?

and the last thing i shut down all the apple process in task manager.

Thanks
    Last edited by Lakoni; 2008-08-29 at 09:14 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You need the red thumb. You do not need to have upgraded to 2.0.2 but you will need the firmware 1,1_2.0.2_ restore firmware somewhere on the PC as it will be used to pwn.
    Keep phone connected to PC. no need to shut down any itunes programmes.
    Alternatively just do the quickpwn if your phone is already unlocked and previously pwnd. Upgrade to 2.0.2 using iTunes and then change the 'custom' box at the top of Winwpn to 'quickpwn' This method will save all your setting and files (except those downloaded from installer/cydia) on the phone and save you having to 'restore from backup' and then reload all your files.