Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0.3 No Packages Included....?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Pwnage 2.0.3 No Packages Included....?
    On 16Gb White 3G iPhone
    Using iPhone Firmware iPhone1,2_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw
    Using PwnageTool 2.0.3

I have made the custom firmware four times now with the newest version and am very frustrated with it to say the least. For some reason none of the extra packages that I select to be included in the new file are there after restoring with it. Is anyone else having this problem? I have been jailbreaking since there was such a thing and have never had any problems until now. Please, tell me it's not me, and that there is something wrong with this release....

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Cydia and Installer come with pwnage tool. What packages do you have in mind?
    With these two, you should be able to slowly pick and choose what you want on your iphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the extra ones that i download in pwnagetool for cydia and select to be included in the IPSW file. Like Open SSH and flashlight and winterboard ...
    Last edited by de4ek; 2008-08-28 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks

I didn't know that pwnage tools 2.0.3 had this feature (to add extra packages to the custom ipsw). I might have missed it. Or perhaps it didn't have that feature. I just manually installed them via Cydia after i was done with jailbreaking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

all the pwnagetool versions have had this feature except the first one i belive, on the last version before they updated to 2.0.3 it worked great! now, nothin. It is a great feature and i would love to conuinue to use it so that i don't have to sit around all day downloading packages for stuff that just needs to be on there.... if you have not tried it yet, u should as it's f'n sweet when it works correctly.

Thanks

sorry...looks like you just have to download them manually via cydia then. Hopefully the next update with bring back that feature.

Thanks

Why don't you just install them manually? Surely that's a lot less effort than restoring over and over
    To live, you have to lie

Had teh same problem, it's easy to fix....Like most people, I had just used the automatic update for pwnagetool, so basically, all teh leftover files and whatnot are still inside pwnage.app's folder from older versions, not sure what caused teh conflict. So basically, just delete your old pwnage.app, re-download it again fresh, or unzip it if ya already have it downloaded, and start fresh, will work fine after that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Danimator For This Useful Post:

de4ek (2008-08-29)