Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0 3G iPhone just quit

Default 2.0 3G iPhone just quit
    I am an AT&T customer. I jailbroke my 3G iPhone the day the PWNAGE TOOL came out. Everything has been fine since then. I haven't synced with iTunes since then. I haven't even plugged it into my Mac since that day. This morning everything was working until I drove into the parking garage at work. My phone went to NO SERVICE as usual. It just sat there even after I got out of the garage. So I went to Settings>Airplane mode and turned it to on for a sec and then off. It said searching and then my phone locked itself. I go to unlock it and it tells me it's in emergency mode and to connect to iTunes. I connect it to iTunes and it says

"The phone 'Jeremy's iPhone' cannot be used with iTunes because the information required for activation could not be obtained from the iPhone." Then under that it says "Check that the SIM card is inserted in your iPhone and that it is not PIN-locked."

When I look at my iPhone on the "connect to iTunes screen", it shows me connected to WiFi and I can ping my iPhone's address, but the cellular part still says NO SERVICE. When I plug up my iPhone to my Mac, iPhoto launches and all of my photos are there. I went to AT&T and swapped SIM cards, but that didn't help anything either. My new SIM card works in another iPhone, but not mine. I have a lot of stuff I need to back up before I wipe it clean, and if I had not disabled SSH yesterday I would be able to get in, back-up, and then restore. I need a tool that can just activate it again. Unless this is some way Steve Jobs and the gang have figured out how to shut you down if you are modded, then I'm not sure what else could be the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone else getting this?

- Jeremy

Any help? Apple has no clue and neither does AT&T. I'm trying to drain the battery and see if it resets the cellular antenna.

If I could just get passed the "connect to iTunes" and to a normal desktop, that would rock.

Last edited by xboxgod; 2008-08-29 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost