Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.5 ( Update 08/28/08 )

Thanks

I had previously updated to 2.0.2 and used Quickpwn and my phone was a bit mroe stable than prior, however it was getting a bit laggier in recent days as well as inconsistent signal. I just restored withWinpwn 2.5. Looks like Im up to 5 bars consistently but we'll see how it is out and about in the morning. I just redid my Winterboard and Customize mods and am now resyncing all my stuff.

The entire process went very smoothly. So far looks like a great tool.

Quote Originally Posted by dirrtydude View Post
    its 2:44 i finally got the installer from the site. whew! im excited!!!

EDIT:

tried twice. program closes after "building custom IPSW..."
    i dont know what to do next...
    ; (
    Same problem, just bombs out when it seems to be about 80% done. Log shows nothing, but its clearly not working for my set up and options, which is Win XP Pro and selecting 2.0.2 ipsw with unofficial carrier.

Have ran it with official carrier option and it appears to work so there's obviously something up with the unlocking build.

If anyone has any ideas or works it out please let me know....

It was cutting out at 80% for me as well.

I got it to work by using expert mode and choosing to resize the root partition to 700. That seemed to be the deciding factor.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sharewater For This Useful Post:

djtomkins (2008-08-30)

Worked for me on Expert with a 700mb root partition.

Problem is, none of the tutorials say what to do after you finish loading the custom firmware. When I got back to itunes, I had it restore a backup of my phone.. but when i reconnect to itunes, its at the same place, asking me to set up as a new phone or restore. Would be nice if the tuts covered this part as well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ProjectGSX For This Useful Post:

djtomkins (2008-08-30)

Thanks

Problem is, none of the tutorials say what to do after you finish loading the custom firmware. When I got back to itunes, I had it restore a backup of my phone.. but when i reconnect to itunes, its at the same place, asking me to set up as a new phone or restore. Would be nice if the tuts covered this part as well.
    I suppost that part of the process has not changed.

Restore as new phone, resync and enjoy.

I'm having trouble with getting the program to display well on my computer. I tried changing the settings of my graphics card but with no success. For example I cannot see the thumbs up and thumbs down when it asks me to choose whether I am connected to an official carrier so I am stuck. Also the frames around the text are up and to the left. Any suggestions please? BTW I am using a Radeon X1650 graphics card with a 22"Iiyama monitor on XP.

Many thanks to all.

Quote Originally Posted by sharewater View Post
    It was cutting out at 80% for me as well.

I got it to work by using expert mode and choosing to resize the root partition to 700. That seemed to be the deciding factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectGSX View Post
    Worked for me on Expert with a 700mb root partition.

Thanks guys. All working now!

Ok I got it to work on a 3G rogers Canada phone....
    First I tried "expert off" and I have 2 problems when it came to
    select boot/restore logo...search online showed nothing
    I added from my files. When it was complete I couldn't find the Custom firmware anywhere???
    So next.... Expert on
    same problem with boot/restore logos....but when custom firmware started
    it asked me where to save it.
    I put it into DFU mode but winpwn 2.5 didn't recognize it...
    So started all over again with the phone already in DFU mode...
    this time it recognized DFU mode and completed the pwn.
    in itunes...I got an "Error 1601" so shut down itunes restarted it
    and everything went smooth..restore to a backup of my phone
    and so far all is good!!!

Hope this helps...

if the program closes you after "BUILDING CUSTOM IPSW", turn off phone and restart program and turn on the expert mode. Green thumb when asked to resize root partition. When in resize root partition option, move the slider between 700 and 800 MB. Or if you prefer it, just set it on 800MB. Just wait for some while and you will be promted on DFU mode. You know youre almost done.

Thats what i did and i found the finished custom made ipsw in My Documents. Use it to restore phone in Itunes and you're done!

Hope this helps...
    : ]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dirrtydude For This Useful Post:

kurtwalter_2 (2008-09-03)

I am no stranger to winpwn DFU mode or jailbreaking, so I just want to get that out of the way first of all.

I am upgrading from firmware version 2.0.1 to 2.0.2, I am having the same problem that it isn't recognising my phone in DFU mode (Or rather it does recognise it, but nothing happens) in winpwn 2.5.0.2

I have tried 4 times now, building a new custom ipsw each time. I get right to the end, put my phone in dfu mode, and the log says it is in dfu mode and then "status=1" below is the exact output from the log file:

Starting Pwnage!
    Getting iPhone/iPod status...
    device connected in dfu mode
    Status = 1

figuring that it is an issue with the new beta of winpwn, I tried to do it via itunes. I shift click restore, select the custom ipsw and it sits with the status 'Preparing iphone for restore' and finally fails with "Error 1601"

I tried it about a week and a half ago with beta 1 (2.5.0.1) on my girlfriends phone, and it worked without a hitch. Does anyone have the link to download beta 1 (Or have a fix for this issue?)

Any help would be wickedrad!!!

Thanks
    Last edited by lobstar; 2008-09-07 at 09:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12