Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WiFi issues after using PwnageTool 2.0.3 with 2.0.2 firmware...

Default WiFi issues after using PwnageTool 2.0.3 with 2.0.2 firmware...
    I have a 1st Gen iPhone and was on the 2.0.1 software. I wanted to upgrade to 2.0.2 and used PwnageTool 2.0.3

Everything is fine except my WiFi will not stay connected.

For example - I have to go into the phone settings and set it up there and it will work until my phone either goes to sleep or I reset it... If I go straight to safari when it is not connected it will promtp me for a password for the wireless network... but will not accept it...

should I reuse PwnageTool to see if I can get this to work?

I am having the same issue. I am also having the same error connecting to my Bluetooth.

I do though have connection to my office wireless which retains the password, from the retstore.

Might need to re pwn it. Also if it doens't kill you DON'T restore the data after go through the pain of manually re installing. if anyone has an idea around this PLEASE tell us. I would be very grateful!

Thnx

i have had a problem with my edge after i pwned (2.0.3) my 1st gen iphone (2.0.2)

i'm on tmobile with the $5.99 tzones. it worked fine prior to using the pwnagetool (2.0.3)

after clean install still having problem on wifi and Bluetooth.

Just an FYI. Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by dimitrin View Post
    after clean install still having problem on wifi and Bluetooth.

Just an FYI. Thanx
    I had the same Wi-fi problem, but updating to the latest version of PwnageTool (I think it's 2.0.3.1) and re-pwning fixed the problem. Check out the Dev Team's blog for more info.

Thanks

i had the same problem with wifi. i think it's just on random iphones. i unlocked 3 iphones and jailbroke 2 3g iphones in the last 3 days and only one had the wifi problem and one with the no content issue in the ipod section. wifi was working after using pwnage tool 2.0.3.1 but just stopped and could never find any wifi connection. so, i took it back to the apple store and they gave me a new 1st gen iphone. i used pwnage again after i got home and wifi seems to be working so far.
    "...tomorrow could be the best day of your life..."

well what about the people who are stuck on an island without an Apple store unless you take a ferry!?!? I wanna fix my wifi !

i have had no luck with pwnage 2.0.3.1 and the 2.0.2 fw. I have a 1st gen phone and still no wifi. After i restore it it will work for about 5 minutes but then later it doesnt find any wifi. there are 3 diff ones here so I know its not the network. Is anyone else still having issues after 2.0.3.1?

Thanks

This is a known problem with 2.0.3, upgrading to 2.0.3.1 and re-pwning in most cases will fix the issue. Did with me at least. Not sure why some people are still having problems.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I did that but I dont even get the gear. It just says cannot connect to (whatever) network.
    I'll keep trying but I think it is hosed for the time being. Thanks for the reply though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    This is a known problem with 2.0.3, upgrading to 2.0.3.1 and re-pwning in most cases will fix the issue. Did with me at least. Not sure why some people are still having problems.
    I'm seeing the issue with my phone and have a question. I used Winpwn 2.5. Can I "repwn" it with 2.0.3.1? Can you repwn it over the existing pwn or do I have to start the process over from scratch?

Thanks

you guys need to restore your phones to Apples 2.0.2 fw. Then make sure you have a fresh install of pwnage 2.0.3.1. Then make a custom firmware. Don't try "re" pwning an already pwned phone. Restore it first.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santiagodraco View Post
    I'm seeing the issue with my phone and have a question. I used Winpwn 2.5. Can I "repwn" it with 2.0.3.1? Can you repwn it over the existing pwn or do I have to start the process over from scratch?

Thanks
    You can re-pwn over an existing. WiFi worked fine for after after I used 2.0.3.1
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

One last thing...

I'm running Windows. When you say 2.0.3.1 what are you referring to? Quickpwn is 1.5, Winpwn is 2.5...

Thanks

EDIT: I just used QuickPwn 1.5 rc3, we'll see how it does!
    Last edited by santiagodraco; 2008-09-02 at 11:28 PM.

Default One last try
    Ok I restored with original 2.0.2 fw. Then redownloaded 2.0.3.1 tbz file.
    Made a custom fw and restored it to the phone. I had wifi and was able to connect and download with no problem. That lasted for about 20 minutes. I then lost connectivity and have not been able to even detect the network.
    The only thing I can think of is the NVRAM wifi table is messed up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking RESOLVED: wifi after using pwnage 2.0.3 with 2.0.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggerx View Post
    you guys need to restore your phones to Apples 2.0.2 fw. Then make sure you have a fresh install of pwnage 2.0.3.1. Then make a custom firmware. Don't try "re" pwning an already pwned phone. Restore it first.
    Biggerx almost has the full story. One key step is missing as the security settings stored in the iPhone Backup are not cleanly transferred from 1.1.4 backup to a 2.0.2 (pwnage) phone (I'm talking about the user identity settings installed after SW & FW are restored - when iTunes says you can identify phone as a new phone or restore "Joe's iPhone" settings).

After tearing my hair out for a bit, I did the following:
    (1) restore to Apple FW 2.0.2
    (2) restored my iPhone Settings to re-identify my phone as normal virgin Apple FW 2.0.2 phone with my "Joe's iPhone" identity from last sync done with old fw.
    At this point the phone looks like a regular Apple FW phone. email, wireless & voicemail passwords all ok.

(3) go into sync menu, turn off "Sync Music","Sync Podcast", "Sync Photos" (just for step 4).
    (4) Sync Phone.
    Here I got a message from the OS stating that a password cache (or something) was outdated. I had the option of ignoring or updating - I updated all.
    (5) do a pwnage restore with your 2.0.2 vintage fw.
    (6) now restore your phones identity from the 2.0.2. Phone backup done in step 4 above.
    (7) restore the sync settings you modified in step 3.
    (8) sync your phone.

everything seems to work now & pwnage fw is inplace.

Ok. but does that work if I'm not an ATT user? I can't activate.

Thanks

Try this.

Thanks but that didn't work.

I have a 2G iPhone which was 1.1.2 I think. Used Pwnage 2.0.3.1 with 2.0.2 firmware.
    It's odd because I did another iphone the exact same way and it worked just fine.

Wifi has terrible reception, can't find my own home network. Even if I can find it and connect to it, none of the apps can use the connection.

Very annoying.

Actually that did work. Thanks for the tip.

Now, I can't post to your tip thread but I don't quite understand the low signal issue fix? How do I copy the files and such?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast