Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: visual voicemail not working after pwnage?

Default visual voicemail not working after pwnage?
    after the first 2.0.1 bricked my iphone, i was hesitant to try it again. but i broke down and did it last night. everything works fine, passwords are saved, etc. however, visual voicemail does not work.
    i'm a legit iphone/att user so it should. i did select 'no' when asked this by the pwnage tool because then it goes ahead and unlocks the phone. shouldn't VV still work though?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Try letting the phone dial voicemail, stay on the line about 10 seconds then hangup. After about another minute, I get a popup that asks for my voicemail password. After i enter it, visual voicemail works again. I was not even able to access the voicemail pane. When i selected voicemail, it just immediately dialed out. After the popup, all is well.

When I called ATT earlier this evening, they said visual voicemail was down for most of the US. I haven't looked since then to see if it was working again.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

That's exactly what i did...accidently...and it worked...lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

having same issue. am on the new 2.0.3 and everything works fine except visual vm.
    i did what you did but it doesnt work. no pop up.

any other ideas?

it never prompted me for a password, but the following day i called my voicemail and all of a sudden it worked. so i didn't do anything, but at least it's fixed!