Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I think I am truly screwed,, can't get into DFU mode! please help

Default I think I am truly screwed,, can't get into DFU mode! please help
    2g AT&T iphone on a macbook pro itunes 7.7 and 2.0 firmware.

I started getting some SIM card errors like 'invalid SIM' but I could reboot it and it'd be fine. But it became more frequent, I called AT&T and they just said to bring the phone in and I'll get a free SIM card in the store.

I tried to virginize my phone by restoring it with 1.1.4 firmware, but this did NOT work. I tried a ton of things, iliberty, iactivator, DFU mode to 1.1.4, to 1.1.1, and everything in between. I am not even sure what the last thing I've tried but I've been up all night.

But now I cannot even get into DFU mode! When I hold both buttons and the screen goes black it takes 10 seconds for the apple to show up instead of the normal 3 seconds, and even when I released the sleep/wake button right before the apple would display, it would stay black and nothing would happen up to two minutes of holding the home button still...

Any suggestions? I am desperate

You do know that in DFU mode the screen stays off, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by muaddib View Post

100%, this is not DFU mode, this is the phone off. The phone is not detected by itunes and when I open itunes nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by muaddib View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jujubeanser View Post
    100%, this is not DFU mode, this is the phone off. The phone is not detected by itunes and when I open itunes nothing happens.
    okay I figured out if I time it just right I got it into DFU mode, Itunes does not detect it though, I have to manually click itunes and then it'll detect it. But even in DFU mode I get error 1600 every time I try and restore to 1.1.1 or 1.1.4. shoudl I try downgrading to any other firmware???

edit: tried 2.0 and then it didn't give an error but still brought me back to recovery mode after it finished.

I tried Iliberty and it gets stuck trying to get into recovery mode and will never get past that step.

please help me I am so desperate

the sleepers.net downgrade method using itunes 7.5 doesnt work b/c itunes 7.5 won't touch a 2.0 iphone it says it requires itunes 7.7 in order to do anything with it.

okay so I managed to get into DFU and get the custom firmware from pwnage to work, but still trying to be able to bring it into the AT&T store, how do I unpwn it!?
    Last edited by jujubeanser; 2008-08-26 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Wow... um. To undo pwnage just restore in iTunes to the stock Apple firmware. My guide to downgrading is a little more comprehensive...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...0-1-1-4-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Wow... um. To undo pwnage just restore in iTunes to the stock Apple firmware. My guide to downgrading is a little more comprehensive...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...0-1-1-4-a.html
    this is the same guide as the sleepers.net one right? I will give it a try, and report back later tonight.

There is a flaw in this method right off the bat. Itunes requires 7.7 at least to work with the iphone. An error pops up right when I launch 7.5 and it can't 'mount' onto it to even try and restore it. any other ideas?

anyone????

this sucks
    Last edited by jujubeanser; 2008-08-29 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jujubeanser View Post
    There is a flaw in this method right off the bat. Itunes requires 7.7 at least to work with the iphone. An error pops up right when I launch 7.5 and it can't 'mount' onto it to even try and restore it. any other ideas?

anyone????

this sucks
    If the iPhone was in DFU, iTunes couldn't tell what version the iPhone was running.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Numberzz For This Useful Post:

jujubeanser (2008-08-30)

Quote Originally Posted by Numberzz View Post
    If the iPhone was in DFU, iTunes couldn't tell what version the iPhone was running.
    wow, thanks, I hadn't realized it had to be in DFU before even plugging into itunes. appreciate it . I will update if I run into any more problems