Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: error 1604 HELP!!

Default error 1604 HELP!!
    Not sure if anyone here will even help, I've read 20 or so unanswered posts similar to this.

I quickpwned my 3G yesterday and everything worked fine, I restarted my phone today and when it tried to reboot it froze on the boot logo screen(the little apple). My computer nor itunes would recognize it so I put it into recovery mode, itunes was then able to recognize it but once it tried to restore windows popped up with an error saying the usb device has malfunctioned and windows doesnt recognize it. Then itunes says the phone could not be restored due to an unkown error (1604).

I tried putting the phone into DFU mode but now itunes wont recognize it at all (even in recovery mode) windows justs gives me the same alert about the USB device malfunctioning and it is now unrecognizable.

What will happen if I just take a trip to apple?

I figured nobody would help!

Anyway, it got to a point where every time I tried to plug my phone into the usb port on my laptop (restore, dfu, regular) windows would say the device had malfunctioned and it wouldnt recognize it. So I hooked my phone up to my mom's laptop and put it in DFU mode. Windows popped up saying the device had been installed successfully and was in DFU mode. Then itunes began to restore it and when the phone went to a white screen I killed itunes (via task manager). Not sure if it needed to be done, but I did it anyway. Restarted itunes, it prompter that the iphone was in restore mode and needed to be restored to work. I shift+clicked restore and viola! took about 25 minutes, but it restored it. I just now brought it back to my laptop and am restoring it from my back up files.

no more pwning for me!
    Last edited by xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx; 2008-08-25 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Glad to see you got it running again.