Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Funky lines on display after pwning 2.02

Default Funky lines on display after pwning 2.02
    Upgraded to 2.02 using itunes, then ran quickpwn.

Everything went fine. After installing some stuff from installer, cydia, and some appstore apps, now I have these funky lines on the display. Rebooting phone doesn't help. I did use the patched MobileInstallation file from 2.01.

Anyone have any similar issues? I will probably have to restore when I get home later, unless someone else has another idea.

Are they vertical lines running down the screen when you turn the display off? I get them sometimes randomly (also 2.0.2, quickpwned), but it's happened to me ever since 2.0. Just turning the screen on and off again works fine for me...it happens very rarely.

No, they are horizontal lines, with some tiny squiggles. They disappear when the display is off. I first noticed a little squiggle last night. And then after having the iphone on the charger while i was asleep, it was noticeably worse in the morning. The pixels are not displaying properly, but everything else is working properly.

Update: Restored, to no avail. Twice. Looks like it might be hardware related. Bummer. At least i still have warranty
    Last edited by wine_guy; 2008-08-25 at 07:38 AM.